• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Moody 362 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to know your impression of how it runs stock (broken in) and w/o the restrictive muffler screen before you modify it. I thought you would get one sooner of later. I think it will impress you, but everyone knows I'm bias!

I would also love to see a side by side with a 562 with the same chain.

I would like to know your impression of how it runs stock (broken in) and w/o the restrictive muffler screen before you modify it. I thought you would get one sooner of later. I think it will impress you, but everyone knows I'm bias!

I would also love to see a side by side with a 562 with the same chain.

I can do that when ported. Like I said it's going to need to handle better than it did before. And with it being essentially the same saw I don't see handling getting better. It would need to flat out cut the 562 to make up for it. But I do like the saw so far. I believe that Stihl has gotten back on track in the 60cc world. Next step is to figure out how to either sneak weight down or use an outboard clutch.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I can do that when ported. Like I said it's going to need to handle better than it did before. And with it being essentially the same saw I don't see handling getting better. It would need to flat out cut the 562 to make up for it. But I do like the saw so far. I believe that Stihl has gotten back on track in the 60cc world. Next step is to figure out how to either sneak weight down or use an outboard clutch.

I hear the Web Site weight for the 562 is a little optimistic and that the real weight difference is minimal. Would love to see you put them both on the scale. I mostly cut bigger wood in steep areas, so overall weight and cutting speed are what are important to me. I also like the simple starting procedure, and know others may have different needs, which is fine.

I hear the Web Site weight for the 562 is a little optimistic and that the real weight difference is minimal. Would love to see you put them both on the scale. I mostly cut bigger wood in steep areas, so overall weight and cutting speed are what are important to me. I also like the simple starting procedure, and know others may have different needs, which is fine.

I'll be doing some comparing tomorrow.....and digging a little deeper

Mine took about 5 or 6 tanks before it really felt strong when using the full 20" bar, but it cut small and medium size stuff very fast right from the get go. I think removing the muffler screen will almost double the out flow, that screen is very dense.

I also think it cuts very smooth, and would appreciate your opinion on that.

The manual says 5 - 15 tanks for break in.

I bought a brand new 20" loop of Oregon 72CL square thinking I'd be the chiznit at the woodpile.
Needless to say its friggen JUNK outta the box. I make 1/2 cut in 14" maple before I resorted to filing it round.
Use a good hand filed chain in all tests whether its round or square.
Off the roll chain is garbage.

it should handle better after porting !!
after all, it will be lighter, won't it ??

it should handle better after porting !!
after all, it will be lighter, won't it ??

A few grams. Sorry for lack of videos so far. I wanted to give it some run time and a fair assessment before showing a video or talking any further.

Here's the chain I was using. Been hearing that my chain's aren't sharp because the saws look slow.
gy3u9uru.jpg

This is what I usually use. Hackberry same log as in my 461 and 372 video. This gives you a more realistic view of what the saw does in hhardwood.

I bought a brand new 20" loop of Oregon 72CL square thinking I'd be the chiznit at the woodpile.
Needless to say its friggen JUNK outta the box. I make 1/2 cut in 14" maple before I resorted to filing it round.
Use a good hand filed chain in all tests whether its round or square.
Off the roll chain is garbage.

You should have known better than to use that soft Husky chain on a strong running Stihl! I got a roll of the RSLK, have not had time to play with it yet, but maybe you will see it in not too long!

This is what I usually use. Hackberry same log as in my 461 and 372 video. This gives you a more realistic view of what the saw does in hhardwood.

The wood makes all the difference, and that saw does not sound broken in yet. Don't know if I've cut Hackberry, but Shag Bark Hickory and Dead Dry White Oak both slow my saws down. My 362 bogged like that before it was broken in. How many tanks you got through it?

Back