The neighbors are burning railroad ties

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, with your knowledge,, tell all the rest on this forum,,what it is...................................................................................................
Not only did you miss the point of my post, your post is pointless.

I didn't even say I knew what it was, but I did read a very educational thread on creosote a while back, and I know what causes it in my boiler, and what it looks like. I even remember from this very thread that it can cause skin irritation, and cancer. I have had cancer, but not from creosote so thats about as valid as your post.

My point was, to most people wood is wood. In our new world society ignorance is not only bliss, it is a way of life.

Creosote is a petroleum byproduct, the same as the gas in your car and puts out about the same number of pollutants. Need to drive and need to keep warm. Which is most important just depends on which side of the fence you stand on and which neighbor you want to mess with. I'm the neighbor you dont want to mess with.

Not only did you miss the point of my post, your post is pointless.

I didn't even say I knew what it was, but I did read a very educational thread on creosote a while back, and I know what causes it in my boiler, and what it looks like. I even remember from this very thread that it can cause skin irritation, and cancer. I have had cancer, but not from creosote so thats about as valid as your post.

My point was, to most people wood is wood. In our new world society ignorance is not only bliss, it is a way of life.
creosote in your boiler,and creosote posts,,AINT the same thing..you made my point.......................................

Creosote is a petroleum byproduct, the same as the gas in your car and puts out about the same number of pollutants. Need to drive and need to keep warm. Which is most important just depends on which side of the fence you stand on and which neighbor you want to mess with. I'm the neighbor you dont want to mess with.
you just pissed off fourced with that post...CONTINUE!!!!!!! :laughing::laughing:

you just pissed off fourced with that post...CONTINUE!!!!!!! :laughing::laughing:
Oh please.

Creosotes are a category of carbonaceous chemicals formed by the distillation of various tars, and bypyrolysis of plant-derived material, such as wood or fossil fuel. They are typically used as preservatives or antiseptics.[2] Some creosote types were used historically as a treatment for components of seagoing and outdoor wood structures to prevent rot (e.g., railroad ties and bridgework, see image). Samples may be commonly found inside chimney flues where the wood or coal burns under variable conditions, producing soot and tarry smoke.

Hmm, this seems to disagree with you.

Oh please.

Creosotes are a category of carbonaceous chemicals formed by the distillation of various tars, and bypyrolysis of plant-derived material, such as wood or fossil fuel. They are typically used as preservatives or antiseptics.[2] Some creosote types were used historically as a treatment for components of seagoing and outdoor wood structures to prevent rot (e.g., railroad ties and bridgework, see image). Samples may be commonly found inside chimney flues where the wood or coal burns under variable conditions, producing soot and tarry smoke.

only one que..... been a leftist leaning twit all your life??? cause the diatribe you are pushing,, smacks of leftist teachings...maybe,, you ought only to heat your house,, with electrical resisatnce means,, so you don't pollute the air.........:laughing::laughing::laughing: are you del in disguise????

only one que..... been a leftist leaning twit all your life??? cause the diatribe you are pushing,, smacks of leftist teachings...maybe,, you ought only to heat your house,, with electrical resisatnce means,, so you don't pollute the air.........:laughing::laughing::laughing: are you del in disguise????
If you actually knew me, instead of trying to act like you have me "all figured out" after totally misunderstanding 1 post I made. You would find your accusations as funny as I do.

Quote one part of any of my posts in This thread where I said anything about not burning the RR ties or telephone posts.

This part is where it gets fun. I agree totaly, I will burn anything I have to to keep my family warm.

Oh please.

Not as smart as you think. Gasoline= distilled fossil fuels + ethanol + Methanol, (Plant based fuels). Cabonaceous= carbon based products which would also include you and I, or dead dinosaurs, or even the grass in your lawn, but most fossil fuels where actually once plants. Try again.

Not as smart as you think. Gasoline= distilled fossil fuels + ethanol + Methanol, (Plant based fuels). Cabonaceous= carbon based products which would also include you and I, or dead dinosaurs, or even the grass in your lawn, but most fossil fuels where actually once plants. Try again.
Try again? Your just backing up what I said. We both said the same thing. And the point was he said the stuff in my boiler is not the same as the stuff in the ties and poles. They normally use coal based creosote for ties and poles, technically he doesn't know if I burn coal in my boiler or not so he is talking out his arse.

Stop trying to prove me wrong and actually read my posts.

Try again? Your just backing up what I said. We both said the same thing. And the point was he said the stuff in my boiler is not the same as the stuff in the ties and poles. They normally use coal based creosote for ties and poles, technically he doesn't know if I burn coal in my boiler or not so he is talking out his arse.

Stop trying to prove me wrong and actually read my posts.
Seriously, you dont know that coal is a fossil fuel. If you understood what you posted, you would see, well just forget it. Not worth the effort.

Seriously, you dont know that coal is a fossil fuel. If you understood what you posted, you would see, well just forget it. Not worth the effort.
Thats a good choice, because I am not sure you even know what point your arguing over.

Good day sir.

Thats a good choice, because I am not sure you even know what point your arguing over.

Good day sir.
I was comparing cresote and gasoline as pollutants. Some folks seem to think its alright for them to do something but not alright for some one else to something with the same effects. What yours and Olyman problems are, I dont care. Next time before you copy and paste a paragraph about any subject, you really need to at least to try and understand what it is you are copying and pasting. You used google to find your tidbit of information, and then posted it to try and prove your point and you dont even realize it flies in the face of what you are trying to prove.

The only time I quoted your post I agreed fully with what you said.

Edit, I meant the first time I quoted your text.

....and if the local township decides that burning ties is OK?
Then burning ties is OK.
And if you're unhappy with it, you're at Liberty to move wherever you are happier... or you can attempt to use the democratic process to change the decision in your local township.
Either way... Constitutionally, the Federal Government has no jurisdiction... EPA or not.

Back