The Newbs version of "Whadja do today?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway...

So I wish there was something to cut around here other than cottonwood...
The smell of my gear is making me sick.
Today I bombed chunks off of a big cotton wood trunk with my ms460. That saw throws chips like a mer fuggah and getting sprayed with wet cottonwood chips at point blank was a real treat.

Ps I finally settled on a name for my 460, "Succubus"

Last edited:
Whoever said, "money does not grow on trees", just did not know how to climb up and g

Whoever said, "money does not grow on trees", just did not know how to climb up and get it.

The money tree
View attachment 264698

Money-Less Tree
View attachment 264697

Money in the bank, well, on the way to the bank. (Local Christmas tree lot)
View attachment 264696

Before I get criticized, I will say be careful.
This tree was a little stressed, had some recent construction near it, fungus/parasite growth (the money), the root system had some girding. I limited my climb to the main money cash.
I'm not making suggestions, but it seems to be a good little money maker for the holidays if you have the time and desire to climb up and get it.

How much did you get for that Mistletoe?

Wow, was that all just one bunch?

Last edited:
Anyway...

So I wish there was something to cut around here other than cottonwood...
The smell of my gear is making me sick.
Today I bombed chunks off of a big cotton wood trunk with my ms460. That saw throws chips like a mer fuggah and getting sprayed with wet cottonwood chips at point blank was a real treat.

Ps I finally settled on a name for my 460, "Succubus"

Oh yeah, the smell. Well, there is only one thing you can do about that... get used to it!

New 250

Did a decent sized spruce today and a neighbor came over and gave me a 025 w a burnt piston if I can fix it for cheap will b sweet:)

jeff2.jpg

I mean look at Jeff does he not look happy :hmm3grin2orange:

No, Jeff is not happy... and one day you'll be EXACTLY JUST LIKE HIM! Oh yeah, its true, I wouldn't lie to you. Well, I probably would lie to you but not now. Ya know, just forget it but remember where your future lies. Lays? Ends up, that's it!

Last edited:
I removed some threatening (house/utilities) limbs from a maple.I used a *gasp* ladder.....I spent a lot of time rigging and it was a pleasure to see the limbs gently separate from the tree and hang a couple of feet from where they had been without causing any damage of injury. I know you guys probably have 100 better ways of doing this but I'm a newb......Please point out all of the things that I did wrong...gotta keep learning....

Butt tie, tip tie. Very nice but the ladder made you look like dolt.

Its coming, that is for sure. i always grip up tight. You huck one off thinking you're the cream of crop, next thing you're spitting out teef.

I took a good one off a pitch pine , stupid ass put the brakes on the piece to save a few azaleas , I had a long saw lanyard , when the tree went when the tree bowed down forward the saw went way past the tree and came back head height , caught a stalled saw right in the side of the face , I spit out a spike went around the side and caught my leg with a spike still have a nice scar to remember it !

I took a good one off a pitch pine , stupid ass put the brakes on the piece to save a few azaleas , I had a long saw lanyard , when the tree went when the tree bowed down forward the saw went way past the tree and came back head height , caught a stalled saw right in the side of the face , I spit out a spike went around the side and caught my leg with a spike still have a nice scar to remember it !

Karl Jung would read this post and say, " Ah ha, yer gay!" And I am in complete agreement.

Later that season I replayed the favor to my brother in law by accident , he walked up to grab a branch as I unsnapped my lanyard , it came around the tree and the steel hook caught him right in the face , loosened his 2 front teeth and gave him a bumpy crooked nose ! Well whatever LOL

No, Jeff is not happy... and one day you'll be EXACTLY JUST LIKE HIM! Oh yeah, its true, I wouldn't lie to you. Well, I probably would lie to you but not now. Ya know, just forget it but remember where your future lies. Lays? Ends up, that's it!

Dang Danny-Boy!
That pic is old, circa 2007!
Yes I am happy, very happy.
I do have a problem tho, I will start a thread to see if I can get some help from you guy's.
I really need it if you got it. ( shut up!)
Jeff :msp_tongue:

Dang Danny-Boy!
That pic is old, circa 2007!
Yes I am happy, very happy.
I do have a problem tho, I will start a thread to see if I can get some help from you guy's.
I really need it if you got it. ( shut up!)
Jeff :msp_tongue:

I'M ON IT! I just broke out my psychology books and put down 3 shots of vodka and a couple o'beers. My advice is to take him out to a nice resturant and say " its not me, its you"

How much did you get for that Mistletoe?

Wow, was that all just one bunch?

Yep, all from one bunch. As you can see from the photos, that big bunch went from the tree to my truck.

Actually I will get nothing, I take it too my son, he and his wife then put a little ribbon on a twig and sell them for about 4.00 to various places including the local Christmas tree lots. I think there are a lot of little twigs on that bunch so it will be interesting to see how he does.

So, if you live in NW Atlanta I hope you are not reading this, otherwise, go for it.

I have heard stories of people shooting that stuff out of the trees, but from the size of the cut I made to get that down you would have had to use a cannon. I would be interested to know how long it takes for something that size to grow and will it grow back. Now that the parasite is removed will the tree CODIT or does it go deep into the limb and will return. I understand, with the right conditions, it gets started from bird droppings.
Anyway, I had fun and will likely be on the hunt for more.

Back