The Newbs version of "Whadja do today?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not supposed to be 100 degrees in may!! july august sure but may, thats too much. whatever, i rung my clothes out so they are good to go for tomorrow, the guys are gunna looove me!

I watched about six mexicans take down about a sixty-five foot ash tree across the street from me. The guy spiked up the whole thing no safety gear with his old used up dull chainsaw. I swear it would take five minutes to cut through an eight inch limb as they would use a stroking motion with the saw. The guy just bombed huge limbs of the tree with out any notches or undercuts. He only used back cuts. He would only get half way through then the limb would split and tear. They smashed the hell out of the sidewalk, dropped stuff on the street that wasnt blocked off, even had the end of a limb hit the neighbors house. Their climber just about dropped a limb on their buddies truck as he squealed the tires to get away. I watched them ascend into the tree later using a hardware store rope looped around his foot, over a crotch in the tree and tied off to the bumper of a pickup truck. The same rope was used tied off to a truck that was used to pull about a fourty foot section of the trunk over. I hope I dont have to listen to them saw on the rest of that trunk for hours on end to drop the rest of that thing! There is nothing like doing it yourself right?

Collected pay from 2 big jobs today. Pockets are burnin now. Time to take my girl out for a nice dinner:) all my bills are paid. Just have to pay my help. Feels good.

Guy called looking to get some trees removed. By the time I called he gave it to somone else but explained to me that over the winter, someone had gone onto his property and his neighbors and cut a lot of large pines for what he calls " no reason". I explained to him there is always a reason and I explained to him some ideas. Later, I drove by the property and could tell where the trees were cut and obviously could see why. There was one home that had an oppourtunity to get an ocean view if the trees were cut don't know if the police are involved

That's crazy, so u think the neighbors who now have a beautiful view of the ocean are responsible? Sounds like it huh? I would be so pissed! Were the trees cut down completely or just trimmed way back? Either way that's effed up!:msp_mad:

Took them down completely and left them in the yard for the owners to cleanup. If the cops did just a bit of investigating, they would figure it out easy.

had my second experience on gaffs today, A LOT better than the first time. im sure it would be even better if they fit me, them and the harness, and if i had a saw lanyard and a lanyard i can adjust lol. white birch beside hydro lines needed to be taken down. hopefully next time goes even better. what are good cheap gaffs for a little dude? had some hand-me-downs.......from 1945 that were as sharp as spoons from 1945, i cant say i liked them.

had my second experience on gaffs today, A LOT better than the first time. im sure it would be even better if they fit me, them and the harness, and if i had a saw lanyard and a lanyard i can adjust lol. white birch beside hydro lines needed to be taken down. hopefully next time goes even better. what are good cheap gaffs for a little dude? had some hand-me-downs.......from 1945 that were as sharp as spoons from 1945, i cant say i liked them.

I have a pair of buckingham steel tree gaffs with the L pads I'm a small guy about 140 and I think they're plenty comfortable now that's takin care of. I'm a little jealous of all you guys here in central florida the most exciting thing we done today was trim 1 palm abount 45 foot tall in a down pour of rain not by choice but when I got to the top the bottom of the sky fell out

We are really hurting for rain. Burn bans and wild fires in northern Ontario. They were calling for thunder storms the last 2 days but they couldn't be more wrong. Hot and sunny. Sorry to hear about your boring work lol I

We are really hurting for rain. Burn bans and wild fires in northern Ontario. They were calling for thunder storms the last 2 days but they couldn't be more wrong. Hot and sunny. Sorry to hear about your boring work lol I

Until three days ago we had the same dry conditions but its been great we really needed the rain supposed to be a bad storm season for us this year and thanks for the pity

Yep i was called last week to go up and help out ( I worked for the MNR as a fire ranger during my highschool/college years) and have been a volunteer firefighter for the last 14, but had to decline.......backed up on tree jobs! I would of loved to go up again, but gotta make the $ while the sunshines! Now they have flooding in Thunderbay! Craziness!

Job we did last week, 3 dead sugar maples customer wanted removed. Im doing a summer placement for school so we need to make videos and pics for a project when we get back. Sorry its sideways, all my pics are upside down and videos are sideways when i put them on the comp for some reason. cant figure out how to fix that. (it says file is too large, video is 2 min, thats not that large. how do i upload this friggin thing??

Job we did last week, 3 dead sugar maples customer wanted removed. Im doing a summer placement for school so we need to make videos and pics for a project when we get back. Sorry its sideways, all my pics are upside down and videos are sideways when i put them on the comp for some reason. cant figure out how to fix that. (it says file is too large, video is 2 min, thats not that large. how do i upload this friggin thing??

Good to see the newbs doing it!
http://www.arboristsite.com/support-announcements/160059.htm
http://www.arboristsite.com/support-announcements/65204.htm
Jeff ;)

You need to upload your videos to you tube, them insert a link in the message for the video.

Lots of pines luckily my neighbor has a lot of trees and plenty ofmoney to further teach myself how to climb safer and be more effient it seems to help if I take what I hear or see others do and try it in an enviroment where I don't have to worry about hitting a customers house or anything else plus he's paying me for learning:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back