The next Stihl rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttyR2

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The 036 Pro I won on ebay finally arrived today. It was listed as needing a new piston and cylinder. A quick check through the exhaust port shows a chewed up piston. I haven't had time to pull the cylinder yet.

036_exhaust_port.jpg

I'm looking forward to rebuilding another saw. Once it's done, I'll be 2/3's of the way to having my three saw plan complete.

Couple more photo's. Nothing much to look at, just needs a good cleaning.

036_left.jpg

036_right.jpg

Does the 036 benefit from a muffler mod much? There's one hole in the side of the muffler. Should I just add one more of the same size?

Congrats on the new saw!!!! She will clean up nice. I have an MS360 and it was MM when i got it and it SCREAMS!!!:rock: It is my go to saw now. Throw a 20" bar on it and let her rip! New saw rep sent

Does anyone know if a MS361 cylinder will fit a 036 pro. If so I have one in nice shape.

Couple more photo's. Nothing much to look at, just needs a good cleaning.

036_left.jpg

036_right.jpg

Does the 036 benefit from a muffler mod much? There's one hole in the side of the muffler. Should I just add one more of the same size?

Looks like it was running rich, if you are licky might be carbon scoring and the cyl will clean up.

Won't know to you open it up and start removing the aluminum transfer.

Post some more pics then.

Back