The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to know why anyone would ask for black gum? He got some for heavy jloppys of some sort to stack and he needs blocking?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
you never know about his markets. he paid me ash veneer price for some years back, of course they were fat long and straight, and had tiny hearts. seems like any more any clean big white wood is worth money.

I spent the last two days tromping around at 9200 feet above sea level mostly on side slopes in the same too-wide boots. Only for fun this time I decided to try this tromping in 33 degree weather with 2 inches of the wettest snow available to man all the while my feet making wet suctioning sounds that I can hear even with earplugs in. Cold and wet! I went past the point of frustration to a state of laughing out loud. Man, this just ain't no fun!

ya know, i would pay pretty dang good money for boots that fit and don't hurt. this last pair, if tighten so my heel and ankle stay still, it hurts the top of my arch.......it ridicules really.

nicksboots.com

Whitesboots.com

Wesco.com

Viberg.com

Hoffmanboots.com

Just sayin... hoffman the cheapest by far, but the other 4 will make them custom fer your feet for $5-700 or so... Think I'm gonna get some nicks made up by the end of the year... just need $700

The kid in me says BUY A SELF LOADER... my wallet says NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am going to try and get my CDL soon though, just have to have the money to take the course, can't just take the test anymore.

But only as a secondary thing, Lots of Trucking jobs out here, seems like drugs are a real problem with them folks. That and someday in the not so distant future I'm not going to be able to log the way I'm doing it now, and most of the self loader jockeys out this way are well beyond standard retirement age...

Tires though... why are tires so fragile and so expensive?

It's only money. Can't make it if you don't spend it.......... Sometimes it works out.

Matt i will have this problem soon. dad is 74 and going to be able to pass the physical much longer. if i go on the truck, i will get even less done. hard to get any one to contract haul around here.
i would say my cost is around 75-80% of gross, i'd also say the bigger you get the more that percent goes up. i bet the big boys are working on less than 10%.

The bigger you are the more you just have dollars going in and going out like an open door or window. I know what you mean about the trucks Treeslayer but nothing is as bad as harvesters they're their new and running 24/7 with a big overhead or older and down more then running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The kid in me says BUY A SELF LOADER... my wallet says NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am going to try and get my CDL soon though, just have to have the money to take the course, can't just take the test anymore.

But only as a secondary thing, Lots of Trucking jobs out here, seems like drugs are a real problem with them folks. That and someday in the not so distant future I'm not going to be able to log the way I'm doing it now, and most of the self loader jockeys out this way are well beyond standard retirement age...

Tires though... why are tires so fragile and so expensive?
Why not get a smaller shovel instead of a self loader?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Big business man's often times have lots of money but it goes out as quick as it comes in....... That's why I'm glad to be a peasant that's poor with a good life. As long as I don't make the old lady mad that is. ......

Back