The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5b30694aab96e6b64a1dd1231863eed1.jpg
df696b2f3f7ea83aac0427c9f2f11d9d.jpg

Some 1210b ladders it's never had one since I've ran the machine so this will be a nice change, I'll get a few more pictures once they're done before paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

How's things going for you sliver?
Not bad. I have nothing lined up for spring if spring ever c9mes. We are supposed to get 2 to 3 feet of snow this week. I have a meeting with a guy that wants 20 loads this summer. I'm going to see if I can't make good on that.

I got offered a log truck driver's job in the UP at Christmas, but turned it down. It was a timing thing.

How about you?

Right now I'm elbow deep in a 6 liter power stroke that won't run after having some fuel mixed in the water.....
Going to be at least a couple more weeks before the job road dries out enough to get back at it.
We ordered a new timber pro, should be here mid April so we re all looking forward to that. The old timbco has put in its time that's for sure. She's gobbled up many an undercarriage, engines and pumps, but has laid out a good percentage of the wood we ve produced since 99.

Might be a good time to do that. I don't know what the snow total at high elevation is, but I got almost a foot here at the house. I'm only at 7800 feet. Rabbit Ears Pass and Buffalo Pass probably got at least 2 feet.

There's anot her type of throttle therapy too. It's prime dirt biking time in the desert. Moab, UT is just 4 hours away. Temps in the 60s and 70s now.

Springs been here about 10 days now. On a Friday morn it was 6 degrees, the following Tuesday it was 70. Just like southern Wi. Flipping the switch between seasons. Put centers in the skidder last week, clearcutting for a gravel pit expansion this week.

143500495a682f4753173f312c069b91.jpg
11f9ec391983545e48f7284ec0622174.jpg

Almost time to put the fancy ladder on I'm sick of having a chain for a ladder.

I need to do center bushings sometime soon too. Thanks for reminding me.

Talked to a landowner today. It looks like I've got all or part of 140 acres to cut. And just like Northy it's only 10 miles from home! In '13 I was 200 miles from home so this will be a " slight" improvement.

Sold my bike, but Moab is definitely on the bucket list some year.

What kind of timber is on the 140? There was some beautiful timber in the area we snowmobiled. I think it was spruce mostly, with ponderosa looking stuff down lower. Even saw some paint in the bush. Some of the bigger stuff had to be 4 ft dbh. Didn't know it got that big at 10k + elevation

Sold my bike, but Moab is definitely on the bucket list some year.

What kind of timber is on the 140? There was some beautiful timber in the area we snowmobiled. I think it was spruce mostly, with ponderosa looking stuff down lower. Even saw some paint in the bush. Some of the bigger stuff had to be 4 ft dbh. Didn't know it got that big at 10k + elevation
Moab is well worth going to even just to look at I did it on my way back from school a few years ago, a few other fun places are Killpecker in Wyoming and St Anthony in Idaho if you like sand.

This is the same dead lodgepole. It probably averages 12-16" at the stump. Bad with limbs. There's a few big pondy pines up to 4'. Those should be interesting.

This is the same dead lodgepole. It probably averages 12-16" at the stump. Bad with limbs. There's a few big pondy pines up to 4'. Those should be interesting.
I hate hand cutting pine, every pine I've cut weep sap like no other.

Get your ladder installed Skeans? Is it setup hydraulicly?
Installed today and yes its hydraulic I'll post a picture this evening or tomorrow morning of it installed, even made a spare as well as have a template and all the measurements if you need or anyone you know does.

One of our forwarders has the step you have to put up by hand. I've caught myself a few times sitting down, flipping off the park brake and waiting for them to start rising up. You get used to them quick.

Knock on wood we haven't torn off a ladder in a few years, hope the streak continues.

One of our forwarders has the step you have to put up by hand. I've caught myself a few times sitting down, flipping off the park brake and waiting for them to start rising up. You get used to them quick.

Knock on wood we haven't torn off a ladder in a few years, hope the streak continues.
This is the first time I've had a ladder on the machine since I've ran it. This is light enough you could lift by hand.

Back