The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c6ab888e4514634a50bbc69492c8c258.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

think I'll stick with self loaders for now, just for stumping (albeit really slow stumping) pushing trees and digging holes,

The older hitachi numbers are confussious as cat... probably a uh055, uh550, uh55? all the same machine, just different market.

Only thing to set after an engine job is engine speed. Pumps shouldnt need to be touched as they will be running at the same rpm as before. Unless they swapped in a different engine....

So to be continued...

Made a call, guess the starter switch stuck on smoked the starter, but machine was working and moving, hydraulics need to be tuned up, and pressures need set after new motor? possibly a 150 sized machine...
Cascade trader has a 200 no tail swing with a processor head for 70 it's nice it's close to the cat dealer off I5

there is that...

but keep in mind most of my jobs are under 5 loads, it would take me 10 years to make a processor pay for itself.
Unless you started doing thinnings more, we did some with a fabtek 240 dangle in 60 year old timber it's different but do able.

true, but I'll cross that bridge when it gets there.

A Processor has its place, and to stay competitive some day I may need one, but in that someday, I'll regularly be needing to get 5 loads a day, not 5 loads a month, or more.

There is also the overhead involved with a processor, maintenance alone would bankrupt me right now, if it needs parts then what? they burn 50-90 gallons a day, and need an operator to run one at 30-40 an hour plus L+I, whether it's working or not. Plus moving the machine from job to job is going to run into the 1000's.

Meanwhile, me and my saw burn maybe a gallon of saw gas a day and a couple of chains, the skidder burns maybe 7 gallons a day if she runs all day, and there isn't anything on it I can't fix myself. This last skidder move, and I think its one of the longest so far cost me about $50 in gas, and I delivered 2 loads of rock that morning so I made money that day.

true, but I'll cross that bridge when it gets there.

A Processor has its place, and to stay competitive some day I may need one, but in that someday, I'll regularly be needing to get 5 loads a day, not 5 loads a month, or more.

There is also the overhead involved with a processor, maintenance alone would bankrupt me right now, if it needs parts then what? they burn 50-90 gallons a day, and need an operator to run one at 30-40 an hour plus L+I, whether it's working or not. Plus moving the machine from job to job is going to run into the 1000's.

Meanwhile, me and my saw burn maybe a gallon of saw gas a day and a couple of chains, the skidder burns maybe 7 gallons a day if she runs all day, and there isn't anything on it I can't fix myself. This last skidder move, and I think its one of the longest so far cost me about $50 in gas, and I delivered 2 loads of rock that morning so I made money that day.

Everyday maintenance isn't bad nor is the overhead of running one all day. Our Kobelco 135 same exact machine will burn 10 to 15 gallons a day even pushing it hard they are easy on fuel with the izusu engines. Thinning we do 3 maybe 4 but most jobs 3 loads a day in the young wood where it takes you longer to make loads.

We re trading in our 425d timbco this month. One of you all could pick it up and I could offer some good deals on 20 years worth of collected parts, hoses, scap metal(that might come in handy some day), thingymajigs, and various other timbco bits that no one knows what they are for. Oh, and at least a hundred partial O-ring sets, and many bent bars.

Latest posts

Back