The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sprockets is good, rollers all move not to much squeeling...

rock guards if ya mean the little flaps if steel under the idlers look to be nearly no more... i could probably weld some up fairly easily.

either the idlers is all the way out or the grease zerks for em is clogged cause thats as tight as they're going to get and it has more to do with the binders then anything
I have one of the loaders here in the yard that we built the guards for and I think I still have a jig to build them, quick way to test is to see if they'll bleed some grease out by loosing the fitting the grease zerk goes into and see if it'll take anymore grease. Now you need a service manual or two or three so you can rebuild and adjust everything yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

c759378eaf64dfce66560e85edb64545.jpg

These are rock guards we built in 95 they really help keep the tracks on in the woods.

hel i need a manuel just figure out the buttons in the cab...

monday i tackle the epic bass ackward controls... not a clue what im doing there but i guarantee ill fuq something up before figuring it out.

a guy would think that the minimall hours ive had runnin a shovel it wouldnt matter...

It makes a huge difference just having the controls flipped around on production, just been the harvester and processor I have to make sure I don't spin the head too far and catch all the hoses up.

Our tracks have seals in them so heating is not a good idea. They are sealed and lubed. Even with a press we pack the pins in dry ice for a while to make things easier when it's a planned fix.
You may be able to have your pins and bushings turned for considerably less than new chains. We usually get 2k hrs then have cat turn the pins and bushings. Another 2k and replace everything. Last one was almost 25 grand.

Without turning we're running 6k to 7k hours, but I stay after the guy about track tension and running the correct direction. They're only packed as long as the plugs stay in the pins which doesn't seem to be long out here.

Without turning we're running 6k to 7k hours, but I stay after the guy about track tension and running the correct direction. They're only packed as long as the plugs stay in the pins which doesn't seem to be long out here.

Yes we seem to run through undercarriage pretty fast but it's all bunching in a lot of gravelly soil and rock. It's amazing to look at the GPS in the buncher and see how many miles it covers in a day. Quadruple the distance I travel in the processor.

Not sure what you mean by plugs in the pins. Ours are solid.

hel i need a manuel just figure out the buttons in the cab...

monday i tackle the epic bass ackward controls... not a clue what im doing there but i guarantee ill fuq something up before figuring it out.

a guy would think that the minimall hours ive had runnin a shovel it wouldnt matter...
I can go smooth from Cat to Deere in bout 15 minutes. 3 hours, you'll have forgotten Cat. [emoji6][emoji6]

I never knew it was bad to drive in reverse a bunch?

Duly noted.

I can go smooth from Cat to Deere in bout 15 minutes. 3 hours, you'll have forgotten Cat. [emoji6][emoji6]

Think i'm at like maybe 45mins right now with the deere controls, its easier fer sure, but still a hassle.

Anyone I'm going to have run it, if anyone is going to be a cat control guy anyway, few friends of mine are all operators or former operators, with countless hours... they all hate deere controls... so herd mentality and switch it over to cat/sae controls. Shouldn't be to difficult just a matter of isolating the pilot lines and figuring which one does what.

Think i'm at like maybe 45mins right now with the deere controls, its easier fer sure, but still a hassle.

Anyone I'm going to have run it, if anyone is going to be a cat control guy anyway, few friends of mine are all operators or former operators, with countless hours... they all hate deere controls... so herd mentality and switch it over to cat/sae controls. Shouldn't be to difficult just a matter of isolating the pilot lines and figuring which one does what.
Quick easy way is to just flip the pilot lines from one side of the same circuit to the other.

My bro hates Deere too, but it don't bother me to go back and forth. I broke - in on a backhoe.

I don't know much but I know this - Northman doesn't want me running his new machine, Deere or CAT controls. I just buried my old black LAB an hour ago. Dug her grave with a miniature Bobcat excavator; I never did get in sync with the controls. Never had that problem with the little utility Deere, Massey and Kubota backhoes I have briefly run. Ron

Back