The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like hearing about tracked machines. Good info guys! Scares the crap out of me over a wheeled machine. I broke in on a new Holland backhoe. My forwarder had reverse controls. It drove me nuts til I swapped it. They were counter intuitive and it wasted a lot of time because I kind of had to learn twice. I didnt want to spend the couple hours it took to swap em at first. Dumb.

I've got a couple dogs I can't wait to bury!

I like hearing about tracked machines. Good info guys! Scares the crap out of me over a wheeled machine. I broke in on a new Holland backhoe. My forwarder had reverse controls. It drove me nuts til I swapped it. They were counter intuitive and it wasted a lot of time because I kind of had to learn twice. I didnt want to spend the couple hours it took to swap em at first. Dumb.

I've got a couple dogs I can't wait to bury!
I'd rather be on tracks over wheels any day of the week especially on steep ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

list of my day... should probably be in the whinning thread but whatever

First I hear about T.U.D.

followed seconds later about Gabe Rygaard. While I didn't know him or care much for the show, he is another logger, and it still sucks all the same.

Then Ron's pup

Then after a 12hr day of machining and dealing with the last 2 weeks of stupid since I haven't been there...**** show of scrap... people got fired... I get ambushed on the way to the crummy about a possible logging job, ok cool, but I have to leave here and go 45 minutes north to meet with a landowner about his project... so heres muh number call me later etc...

Halfway there I get a call from a guy I talked to wednesday evening in Renton 1hr 45min from home the other direction... he wan'ts to rehash everyting I told him wednesday... I nearly miss my exit... finally get off the horn with him... then nearly miss the turn to where I'm supposed to be going.

Make it to the next ish job at 6:15pm ish its been a year since I've been out here, and I therefore miss the driveway... toss the crummy in reverse and wammo... guess who backed into someone.

Great... right infront of the new client who I've only talked to on the phone... and is going off the word of his brother who is going off the word of a friend of mine... Fuuuuuuuuckkk... Crummy is fine, his truck is a little uglier now... but it was a chevy so who cares right...

anyhow... after doing the insurance swap and dance we hashed out what the county thinks they wan't and what the septic guy thinks he wants... its 8:30 something now... I just got home... Go logging they said, it will be fun they said...

So Miss P. and Ron, many feels

Rygaard fam and crew chin up and lean into it.

had a dog when I was a kid on into my early 20's

I wasn't living at home when my folks had him put down (broken hip)... My "room mates" at the time informed me of his death in a very ****** way... made a game out it. I hold grudges, that and the skeezy ****s still owe me money...

Only recently have I managed to settle down enough to get a new one He's nearly a year old now. He's finally stopped barfing in the crummy, and looks forward to ADVENTURE! and TRUCK RIDE!

With luck I can train him up to pack my gas and oil... though the War Dept may have a few words about that... (I may have conned her into getting doggy saddle bags though...)

Tried to get him in the Essavator yesterday, wouldn't have none of that shizz and was focused on the truck.

Tried to get him in the Essavator yesterday, wouldn't have none of that shizz and was focused on the truck.

A distant neighbor had this little herding type dog that would have little to do with you but once you cranked a machine she was right there. She spent days at my place watching and riding the machinery. One day I arrived to find that she had shut everything down - she had perched herself on the excavator in front of the boom and wouldn't let anyone close. The operator had grown tired of her sitting at his feet so he had "locked" her out of the cab. I had to track down her owner to get things moving again. He explained that she always rode the tractor when he bush hogged.

Ron

I used to work nights fer like way too long...

So I would come home and then hike up the nearby mountain at like 3 in the morning, this sometimes involved a 1/4 mile walk beside the highway before heading towards the trail head...

So I'm probably responsible fer half the town of Darrington believing in Big Foot.

I used to work nights fer like way too long...

So I would come home and then hike up the nearby mountain at like 3 in the morning, this sometimes involved a 1/4 mile walk beside the highway before heading towards the trail head...

So I'm probably responsible fer half the town of Darrington believing in Big Foot.
Almost sounds like a bad night at the bar.

Awrite...

So Peaches is a an ex120-2 finally found the tag, and she was formerly owned by a local massive excavating firm, goes by the initials of WCI lots of road construction etc.

And from the tags on the inside, she was originally set up for SAE controls (cat) but someone somewhere thought better of that sooo...

Awrite...

So Peaches is a an ex120-2 finally found the tag, and she was formerly owned by a local massive excavating firm, goes by the initials of WCI lots of road construction etc.

And from the tags on the inside, she was originally set up for SAE controls (cat) but someone somewhere thought better of that sooo...
It's also possible they had the dealer switch the controls, should be easy to swap back then that's a bonus.

had a dog when I was a kid on into my early 20's

I wasn't living at home when my folks had him put down (broken hip)... My "room mates" at the time informed me of his death in a very ****** way... made a game out it. I hold grudges, that and the skeezy ****s still owe me money...

Only recently have I managed to settle down enough to get a new one He's nearly a year old now. He's finally stopped barfing in the crummy, and looks forward to ADVENTURE! and TRUCK RIDE!

With luck I can train him up to pack my gas and oil... though the War Dept may have a few words about that... (I may have conned her into getting doggy saddle bags though...)

If you don't mind a faded pink color, I can send you a lab sized backpack. The Used Dog packed chainsaw accessories in it. The Slightly Used Dog (demon dog) is too small to pack more than a file or earplugs. PM me your address if you want it.

Strange eerie music needed. A relative of mine had a baby within 24 hours of the death of TUD. She named her baby Benjamin.... It's a nice tribute that probably isn't a tribute.

hel I probably rode snomobiles with em out here...

So an update on Peaches, the hoe.

deere controls are now Cat controls, which once you figure out where the lines go, and what not is really easy, I made a video but its horribly shaky, may or may not post that one, essentially the 4 lines go to one valve block from there just criss cross em, i.e. right upper to left lower, right lower to left upper, left upper to right lower, left lower to right upper.

Not knowing this I made some mistakes... there is now a big ass hole in the font yard... my first guess was wrong, I moved boom up to stick in, and stick out to boom down... but in then end an hour later or so, shes working like a proper excavator.

That disturbing oil leak turned out to be a loose filter... yes a loose filter... its got 2 one was really just snug, and probably didn't need a wrench to remove it, the other took a special filter socket and a pair of screw drivers crammed in it to make it not spin, attached to a half inch drive ratchet and at 4' cheater bar... but that one wasn't leaking...

the tracks are pretty much going to need a link taken out, I can't afford to be replacing chains and sprockets right now, so the best option is pull a link, removed grease zerk to see what happens, bunch of grease came out... so reinstall zerk and pump it up only to have it just stall out...

Some one remind me to take some before and after picks of pressure warshing the junk machines I buy, knock some of the grunge off this ole girl and she almost looks new. Some of the stuff I was sure was rust turned out to just be muck, and clear some of the moss off and the paint brightens right up.

hel I probably rode snomobiles with em out here...

So an update on Peaches, the hoe.

deere controls are now Cat controls, which once you figure out where the lines go, and what not is really easy, I made a video but its horribly shaky, may or may not post that one, essentially the 4 lines go to one valve block from there just criss cross em, i.e. right upper to left lower, right lower to left upper, left upper to right lower, left lower to right upper.

Not knowing this I made some mistakes... there is now a big ass hole in the font yard... my first guess was wrong, I moved boom up to stick in, and stick out to boom down... but in then end an hour later or so, shes working like a proper excavator.

That disturbing oil leak turned out to be a loose filter... yes a loose filter... its got 2 one was really just snug, and probably didn't need a wrench to remove it, the other took a special filter socket and a pair of screw drivers crammed in it to make it not spin, attached to a half inch drive ratchet and at 4' cheater bar... but that one wasn't leaking...

the tracks are pretty much going to need a link taken out, I can't afford to be replacing chains and sprockets right now, so the best option is pull a link, removed grease zerk to see what happens, bunch of grease came out... so reinstall zerk and pump it up only to have it just stall out...

Some one remind me to take some before and after picks of pressure warshing the junk machines I buy, knock some of the grunge off this ole girl and she almost looks new. Some of the stuff I was sure was rust turned out to just be muck, and clear some of the moss off and the paint brightens right up.
Good little filter tool is a good strap wrench on a long handled 1/2" ratchet, haven't found a filter I couldn't break loose or a chain wrench works as well. Do you have a rough measurement of the track well that side of the machine lifted?

Latest posts

Back