the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
folks i dont mind if you use 365 371xp 372xp 372xpw bottom ends or the jred counter parts as long as nobody whines about all the saws not being the same. but you must use the 50mm cylinder with the apprpriate intake and carb for the 372xp all other rules being in effect concerning how you build it. i said from post #1 that rules were subject to change. so by all means run whatch u brung. im not trying to exclude anyone,hell this is for fun and bragging rights. and for people to really be able to get a feal for the differences in how perticular builders do things. not looking under the hood,just seat of the pants differences.

Sounds fair to me Terry.

Im thinking 20'' locust or shag hickory :laugh:. A 372 with big dogs and a 24'' should have about 21'' of bar left huh?

Maybe if you're lucky it will have that much. Maybe they need to run 28" bars.:cheers:

I like the jonsereds included, that might get a few more people in on it.

i was thinking pignut hickory and i think all a 372 will want is a 24" bar in that stuff. one good thing is its about that time of year that the bark will start slipping so there wont be bark on it to cut through

That is probably all it would want in hard hickory. Maybe you could get some that was down 2 years. :msp_ohmy:

Maybe if you're lucky it will have that much. Maybe they need to run 28" bars.:cheers:

I like the jonsereds included, that might get a few more people in on it.

I was basing it of of my 372 with a 20'' has 17'' of bar. I don't have a 24'' so don't really know.

I just notified my work, wife, family, and friends to not expect me to be around on june 18th. This one should be better than the last one, i cant wait. Reckon there will be any other saws show up besides built 372's? Lol

yea i'm goin to bring my remington sportsman special and let everyone check it out i don't think i can find a bar and chain for it intime but i'll keep looking for one

I was writing down a list of parts, machine work, and goals on my lunch break today. Goals for this build are torque and feed fuel.

I didn't mean to start anything, I just had a FUGLY JRed 2171 that I was going to build and ship. Don't worry about it as I would finish dead last anyway. Thanks anyhow....yall have fun.

yea i'm goin to bring my remington sportsman special and let everyone check it out i don't think i can find a bar and chain for it intime but i'll keep looking for one

well fellers i won't be able to bring that remington special to the GTG the guy i bought it from on e-bay gave me a refund and decided to keep the saw.because it didn't bring enuff money on e-bay i guess but don't worry i'll have a other one before i come down there though

i was thinking pignut hickory and i think all a 372 will want is a 24" bar in that stuff. one good thing is its about that time of year that the bark will start slipping so there wont be bark on it to cut through

Thats what I was cutting in my new 038 vids. It was 20-25". I still have a big chunk of that.
We call it sournut Hickory around here and others call it pignut Hickory. It's some mean stuff.
Better not think you'll be cutting pine if he's got sournut up there.:D

Last edited:
Yea, still sitting here taking up space....speaking of Space, where has he been?!?!?! LOL!!!

Back