the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got family in the pawn business.. Ive watched them pay literally nothing for somethin, then put it on the rack for 300$ a few weeks later.

Easily repaired faults are a good negotiating tool, and I don't feel guilty exaggerating a needed repair when dealing with pawn shops.

On the flip side, a lot of pawn shops won't let you start removing parts for fear of sabotage. "Hey, I can't get this saw to run, you can't get it to run (because I disconnected on/off switch). I'll give you (some small precentage of the asking price) for it."

The same pawn shop also has 346XP E-Tech for $299.00, but it has weak compression (the decomp seems to work).

offer them 250,,, and go from there!!! as is from what I'm reading

Take your t handle27 torx or ratchet and do it on the counter right in front of them,, four screws, 5 minutes,,, does it have a bar&chain best thing is if is bargining wise if it has some scoring on the piston,,
Bring some mix up there and see if it runs

Last edited:
I guess I'll be lookin fer a 460 to build. My step dads got a 460 husky, will that work??????

Work? It should blow the others away.

You'll just need to fork out a little extra for some white paint, and glue the caps in place.

this go round will be 28'' bars in 24x24 hard wood cant. that will make it more interesting

Maybe Hedgerow and I can bring you over some 24x24 cants of seasoned Hedge, I know where there are some mighty big hedge trees. Someone will have to square them up for us. I don't have any milling equipment.
It would take some pressure off the timers, it would give them just a little more time to focus. They'll be hard as Stumpy's (you know what I mean) errrr, well wood pecker lips. A real stout saw might even break a chain in the stuff.

Maybe Hedgerow and I can bring you over some 24x24 cants of seasoned Hedge, I know where there are some mighty big hedge trees. Someone will have to square them up for us. I don't have any milling equipment.
It would take some pressure off the timers, it would give them just a little more time to focus. They'll be hard as Stumpy's (you know what I mean) errrr, well wood pecker lips. A real stout saw might even break a chain in the stuff.

Milling seasoned Hedge!!!
OH MY!

How about cut a cookie then mill a plank?
That will show if its a work saw!LOL

Mike

So who's got all the 046/460s laying around to supply for this buildoff? I might have found one if it lasts until next week when I get back home.

fall gtg and 046/ms460 build off date is going to be oct 1st
I am very pleased to hear this Terry. This time don't go in the red. There is not a single person involved that wants to see you spend your own hard-earned money. It's not right, it's not fair. If everyone that enters a saw coughs up $100, there should be $1500-$2000 to play with. (and everyone can have a rib-eye, maybe 2 for Stumpy lol). If there is money left over, it can go towards the next GTG. Just my thoughts bro.

Last edited:
you will be just fine Will, its still a 2 stroke and i know theres plenty of numbers floating around for a 460 or you can pm me and ill tell you what i use and take it from there with your own spin on it

I have it posted in the swap meet. But will also post here. I've got a good running 394 to trade for a 046,460. If anyone is interested in trading. :)

Latest posts

Back