The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
andy you would be mistaken ,although i dont care for the 7900 at all i wasnt even talking about it. ive had a makita in my shop for months that i was going to use for a 7900 build that didnt happen. im not afraid to build a 7900 at all. i just dont want to waste time on a saw that im not going to use or would have a hard time getting rid of.once i got used to using the 372xpw you cant pry it out of my hands. i dont like the look of the 7900 the feel of the 7900 and when compared to my xpw the 7900 dont impress ,even in ported form the 7900 wont tear me away from the xpw.

andy you would be mistaken ,although i dont care for the 7900 at all i wasnt even talking about it. ive had a makita in my shop for months that i was going to use for a 7900 build that didnt happen. im not afraid to build a 7900 at all. i just dont want to waste time on a saw that im not going to use or would have a hard time getting rid of.once i got used to using the 372xpw you cant pry it out of my hands. i dont like the look of the 7900 the feel of the 7900 and when compared to my xpw the 7900 dont impress ,even in ported form the 7900 wont tear me away from the xpw.

OK I was mistaken.

How much do you want for your 7900? I've never had any issue selling a 7900 BTW so I don't see an issue there IMHO. Have you ever ran a good running 7900? The 7900 is a deceptive saw, I've out cut more 660's with my EHP7900 than you can shake a stick at...

ive ran a couple of ec 7900's they ran really good but i wouldnt trade my xpw for one of them. my xpw's pretty much outcut every saw they have been run against ,with more than one person at the wheel, from 70cc saws to 90cc saws. they may not be the fastest saws out there but the fastest saws dont want to come to work with them either.

if a 7900 can't hack it....

you need 120cc+. I know nothing and am not even a cookie cutter but I'd like to think I know tools (hell, I eat because of it, and I eat well). The 7900 IMHO is the greatest saw EVER built.

so when does the poll close?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

66 ftw

i think whoever is hosting should be able to choose what saws he want to host. then the masses can choose if they want to participate. there can be more than one build at a time with different saws but i dont see a lot of guys stepping up to put in the work and hassle it takes to host.

I believe it's been said in other posts that the host would decide what saw. Hey Wiggs, even if we do a 066/660 for the buildoff, I'm still bring a 346 with .325 to spank yours, and anyone elses with:rock: The 7900 was in at least one other pole, and it was not in the lead, last I looked. I didn't vote for it for several reasons. I've never been able to fall in love with them. I don't care for their looks, I don't like the way they feel, I hate the rev limited coil, and I can't build one like others.

i think whoever is hosting should be able to choose what saws he want to host. then the masses can choose if they want to participate. there can be more than one build at a time with different saws but i dont see a lot of guys stepping up to put in the work and hassle it takes to host.

That makes sense, but maybe it should be stated clearly that the host will decide on the saw. No poll needed and no reason to ask others what saw, if the host didn't want the 7900 to be in the running, don't ask for our opinions.. I thought this was up to AS members not the host, other sites have done things differently. How about a build off where the saws are built than sent to a respected member to run and time, no gtg needed. This has been done before with great results.:cheers:

I believe it's been said in other posts that the host would decide what saw. Hey Wiggs, even if we do a 066/660 for the buildoff, I'm still bring a 346 with .325 to spank yours, and anyone elses with:rock: The 7900 was in at least one other pole, and it was not in the lead, last I looked. I didn't vote for it for several reasons. I've never been able to fall in love with them. I don't care for their looks, I don't like the way they feel, I hate the rev limited coil, and I can't build one like others.

And this is your opinion nothing more. The 660 is an ugly slow outdated heavy pig in my opinion, but it is just my opinion.

he 660 is an ugly slow outdated heavy pig in my opinion, but it is just my opinion.

I like em big and ugly. :)

Now who's being overly harsh, lol:D There has to be a reason they're probably the number one falling saw in the world. Granted they come from the factory with the most restricted muffler of any saw on the market, but that is very easily fixed, and not how the saw was originally designed. They don't have quite the chain speed of a 385/390, but they most definately are stronger.

That makes sense, but maybe it should be stated clearly that the host will decide on the saw. No poll needed and no reason to ask others what saw, if the host didn't want the 7900 to be in the running, don't ask for our opinions.. I thought this was up to AS members not the host, other sites have done things differently. How about a build off where the saws are built than sent to a respected member to run and time, no gtg needed. This has been done before with great results.:cheers:

Ahh... It's just a hassle if 20 guys want to send a saw for one guy to test.

The only reason I chose to pick between the two is I have a new 346 that I don't mind to grind up and 5 066's under the bench with no motivation at this point to dig em out. If it does win this poll, Im hoping I'll dig em out :)

I will let u enter ur 7900 in the 066 build, only cause I like ya ;)

Seems to me that Husky's competition to the 660, the 395, is even heavier yet. I have little experience with them though, so not much more to comment.

Here's my slow, heavy, outdated pig:rock:
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pMCR2GYE7wQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vl77TVtfnaM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back