The official 029,290,310,390 build off thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpys Customs

Stumpbroke
Reaction score
You read it right. Plumbcrazyjr & I will be hosting a Stihl 029-310 buildoff in April. The actual date will be narrowed down when it gits closer to the time. We will be integrating this build off with the next MO, AR, OK, KS GTG.

Here is a list of rules. The rules are subject to change if need be.

Saws- Any Stihl 029, 029 super, MS290, MS310, MS390

Must have working chain brake, choke, all factory covers

We will be runnin them on 91 non ethenol, mixed with Stihl ultra.

20" bar & .325 full chisel chain. We supply the bars, cost of chains is unknown @ this time.

We are plannin on usein oak to do the cuts. It may be a log of possibly cants strapped together.

3 cuts per saw, with at least two stopwatches per cut. Then the average of those times will be the official time.

One guy will run all the saws.

I'm gonna try to come up with some prizes fer the top three. Not sure what we're gonna come up with.
Eric & I will have saws in the lineup, but not able to win any prizes.

I hope this will be fun fer all that enter. It should be interesting to see how these saws turn out. :cheers:

I am setting on a 29S that needs tore down anyway, its on like donkey kong.

500x_donkey_kong.jpg

Cool man! I'll be there as a spectator...

Oh, can I throw in an old worn out 346 just fer fun? :msp_wink: :msp_biggrin:

Cool man! I'll be there as a spectator...

Oh, can I throw in an old worn out 346 just fer fun? :msp_wink: :msp_biggrin:

Are you sure you wanna do that??? It'll be fun to throw a 20" .325 B&C on the 346 to see if it could hang. Just fer fun though after the buildoff runs.:clap:

Now this is a build off I like. (and can afford) LOL. I can't make the GTG, but can I build one and ship it to have somebody run it?
Are pipes allowed? :D

Now this is a build off I like. (and can afford) LOL. I can't make the GTG, but can I build one and ship it to have somebody run it?

That's kinda the reason fer the build off. These saws are plentifull & cheap. No pipes allowed in the build off, but would be interesting to see one run.

I'm thinkin of havein one guy run all the saws. Or maybe three, each guy make a cut with each saw. Got a while to figure it out

That's kinda the reason fer the build off. These saws are plentifull & cheap. No pipes allowed in the build off, but would be interesting to see one run.

I'm thinkin of havein one guy run all the saws. Or maybe three, each guy make a cut with each saw. Got a while to figure it out

Can I bring my 390?:rock:

If that's what it takes to git you down here:hmm3grin2orange: The 390xp is high on my want list.

Only if it's a 390XP clamshell edition.

I can help with a prize for one of the winners. I have some new bars and parts here that would be a good prize.

I'll be in touch about that. Thanks.:msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back