The official 029,290,310,390 build off thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revenge of the clamshells

So is everyone running the bigger top end on the 029/290? Or are we not talking about it. :msp_confused:

Clam racing. :rock:

So is everyone running the bigger top end on the 029/290? Or are we not talking about it. :msp_confused:

Clam racing. :rock:

I have no clue what your talking about. :monkey: LOL

I'm gonna run whatever top I can get the cheapest. I ain't pulled the jug yet, but I sure the cylinder is trashed.

IMG_4424.jpg

I have a good 29S with just a air leak so I shelfed it some time back. I am trying to decide run it as the 29s or find 310 0r 390 parts saws.

This will be my first time in one of these buildoffs In the past I was afraid of tearing up a 1000.00 doller saw but a 029 is more doable money wise. :clap: I'll mail this saw to James in case I can't make the GTG.

I have a good 29S with just a air leak so I shelfed it some time back. I am trying to decide run it as the 29s or find 310 0r 390 parts saws.

This will be my first time in one of these buildoffs In the past I was afraid of tearing up a 1000.00 doller saw but a 029 is more doable money wise. :clap: I'll mail this saw to James in case I can't make the GTG.

All the saws that are gittin shiped will need to come to me. I don't want James to have to deal with any of this. He's already bein nice enough to let us do this @ his place along with the regularly scheduled GTG.:msp_wub:

All the saws that are gittin shiped will need to come to me. I don't want James to have to deal with any of this. He's already bein nice enough to let us do this @ his place along with the regularly scheduled GTG.:msp_wub:

Ok that will work Stump, I'm always getting in trouble :hmm3grin2orange: in these threads. On a positive note that will keep him from cutting a few rick with my cookie cutter. :hmm3grin2orange:

Just messing with you James, did you get that box of parts yet?

No I haven't got the parts yet

We probably need to keep the GTG info in our other thread or this one will be so long the builders wont be able to keep up with the info of the build off if that works for you guys WSC I am appointing you as official OK,AR, TX, KS GTG president so you decide where the best place is

Also someone mentioned wiggs GTG as being in April I thought his was in march that's why we set our's in April

No I haven't got the parts yet

We probably need to keep the GTG info in our other thread or this one will be so long the builders wont be able to keep up with the info of the build off if that works for you guys WSC I am appointing you as official OK,AR, TX, KS GTG president so you decide where the best place is

Also someone mentioned wiggs GTG as being in April I thought his was in march that's why we set our's in April

I'm good with the GTG info and trash talking being in the old thread.

This one being about how much of a popup on the pistons, how many holes drilled in crank counter weights, what size of oversized line on the vacume line, how many fins to knock off the flywheel, and how many half dollers to super glue to the piston and so on.

Last I knew it was in April for Wigg'z GTG.

I apologize if I was wrong about that. I'm kinda out of the loop a bit these days with the big GTG dates.....

Here is his post
K guys, late march, early April at my place. We will set a date as it gets closer.

The canadates are 066/660 or 346.

Take ur pick :)

I forgot to mention working saws. No two piece heads, no pipes, spark screens in, working chokes etc,etc...

So we was both right I will try my best not to have it the same weekend as his we will just have to wait for him to set the date and go from there

Oh hell, i got nothing better to do. I guess i could come up with something. Put my name on the list. Ill be at the GTG anyway.:dizzy:

pretty sure stumpy had your name on list just after we started thinking this thing up dont think you had much of a choice:msp_wink:

pretty sure stumpy had your name on list just after we started thinking this thing up dont think you had much of a choice:msp_wink:

HEHE. Like it that way. Whats the rules again? Two piece heads and piped alky right?? Thought so.:msp_tongue:

Crap, I guess we need to Keep track of those who are in or out.
If you are in on the build send me a pm titled "buildoff" & let me know yer in. I'll write it down Then try to stick it in my sig.

Who is running the saws? If you haven't chosen someone yet I vote Wiatt (spelling) he can keep a saw in its peak. If thats a bad Idea just yell am me again. :msp_biggrin:

Edit: For those that don't know Wiatt I would not be afraid to lend him any saw I have.

Last edited:
Who is running the saws? If you haven't chosen someone yet I vote Wiatt (spelling) he can keep a saw in its peak. If thats a bad Idea just yell am me again. :msp_biggrin:

Edit: For those that don't know Wiatt I would not be afraid to lend him any saw I have.

And that's a good way to make Wyatt attend!!! Good thinkin' stephen!!!:msp_wink:

Not sure what we're gonna do about the operator yet. I may just git some stranger off the street.:msp_biggrin: I'm sure Wiatt would love to do it. He'll be their if I have to tie him up & kidnap him.:msp_scared:

Not sure what we're gonna do about the operator yet. I may just git some stranger off the street.:msp_biggrin: I'm sure Wiatt would love to do it. He'll be their if I have to tie him up & kidnap him.:msp_scared:

If you fly me out and put me up I will operate and do individual shop talk vids for all saws entered.

Chris

Latest posts

Back