The official 029,290,310,390 build off thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you fly me out and put me up I will operate and do individual shop talk vids for all saws entered.

Chris

I loved the last shop talk you done. Now you need to do one cutting a cookie, you know the kind I talking they are in a package in cooler section of a grocery store.

Edit: Now I went and made myself want some of those pre made chocolate chip cookies. :clap:

Here's somethin to maybee git things goin.
[video=youtube_share;92ONtSck7KU]http://youtu.be/92ONtSck7KU[/video]

Sumthin to shoot fer
[video=youtube_share;8OLdbnSNaW0]http://youtu.be/8OLdbnSNaW0[/video]

Here's what i've got so far. If anybody wants in let Eric or me know, and if yer on the list & want out, too bad.:msp_w00t:

Logging22
rms61moparman
sawdr
WSC
Arrowhead

I don't suppose any of you professional saw gurus have any suggestions on getting all of those little pieces of exploded piston and rings out of the muffler on these saws do you??????:(

I will say that I must HIGHLY recommend putting those little wristpin circlips in BEFORE test running the saw!!!:cry:

Trying to salvage the cylinder now, but it may be a lost cause!:angry:

Trying to work on a saw 15 minutes after work today, none tomorrow, half hour the next day etc. sure makes it easy to forget what you have and more importantly what you have not done.

Mike

I don't suppose any of you professional saw gurus have any suggestions on getting all of those little pieces of exploded piston and rings out of the muffler on these saws do you??????:(

I will say that I must HIGHLY recommend putting those little wristpin circlips in BEFORE test running the saw!!!:cry:

Trying to salvage the cylinder now, but it may be a lost cause!:angry:

Trying to work on a saw 15 minutes after work today, none tomorrow, half hour the next day etc. sure makes it easy to forget what you have and more importantly what you have not done.

Mike

That sux Mike. Don't let it git you down though. I'm sure you''ll git er goin.
You wouldn't happen to have pics of the P&C carnage would ya????

Here's what i've got so far. If anybody wants in let Eric or me know, and if yer on the list & want out, too bad.:msp_w00t:

Logging22
rms61moparman
sawdr
WSC
Arrowhead

I'm just going to go through and find a nice running stocker to send. Maybe I'll do a muffler mod. I wasn't sure I even signed up. I guess the check cleared.

I think sawtroll was going to build one for this also.... ya know, being his favorite saw and all.

Are we going to agree to use 1127 engine casings, or am I going to cannabilize an 80cc pro saw and cheat my arse off.

I'm just going to go through and find a nice running stocker to send. Maybe I'll do a muffler mod. I wasn't sure I even signed up. I guess the check cleared.

I think sawtroll was going to build one for this also.... ya know, being his favorite saw and all.

Are we going to agree to use 1127 engine casings, or am I going to cannabilize an 80cc pro saw and cheat my arse off.

HAHA. We prolly oughta stick with 1127 parts. Would love to see a hybrid like you've been talkin about.:clap:

If I can get into the shop today, I'll put up a build photo or two. Gotta run my brother to the airport right now.

That sux Mike. Don't let it git you down though. I'm sure you''ll git er goin.
You wouldn't happen to have pics of the P&C carnage would ya????

I didn't take any pics.
Didn't really want anything like that around to remind me how stupid I am!!!
You can get the same effect by placing a piston on an anvil and full swinging an 8 pound sledge on it.

On a side note I am really glad I was using one of the cheap pistons that so many here seem to hate. I think it probably saved me from a lot more damage to the cylinder!

Mike

I have got it running.....
But no I don't think it is what one would call O.K.
Seems pretty anemic.
I guess I'll just start scrounging around and try to find another straight gassed cylinder.:msp_sad:

Mike

I have got it running.....
But no I don't think it is what one would call O.K.
Seems pretty anemic.
I guess I'll just start scrounging around and try to find another straight gassed cylinder.:msp_sad:

Mike

Mike, you looking for a 310 cylinder by chance? If so i can help you there.

Latest posts

Back