The official 029,290,310,390 build off thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad Mutha Woodchuka's 039
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k3iZ-LlSBwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thats what I've been told. He's got a nice place fer a GTG.

Maybe this will be enough to git SawTroll on a plane to visit the Ozarks.:clap:

If he'd commit to coming, we could probably fund his ticket with a quick collection... "One way of course" Then he'd be stuck here...
:big_smile:

Bad Mutha Woodchuka's 039
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k3iZ-LlSBwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SahWeeet!!
Here's it's little stump broke brother the 290 in a big Hedge log...

[video=youtube;12YokqtQwXM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12YokqtQwXM[/video]

Ahmah' thinkin' you need to shuffle on down to the Ozarks, and let me run that saw... :msp_sneaky:

I'd frikkin' love to make it down that way. Farthest South I've ever been is Pittsburgh, lol. S'gonna be a good 22hrs to make it there I'm thinkin'...

I know Wiggz is havin' his 066/660 GTG in April, and the wife has some time off in April and we're plannin' on going up north somewhere. I just hope the dates don't overlap!

I'd frikkin' love to make it down that way. Farthest South I've ever been is Pittsburgh, lol. S'gonna be a good 22hrs to make it there I'm thinkin'...

I know Wiggz is havin' his 066/660 GTG in April, and the wife has some time off in April and we're plannin' on going up north somewhere. I just hope the dates don't overlap!

C'mon down!!! 20 or 30 goofballs with mad chainsaws in da woods... You'd fit right in...
Just sayin...

Well since Mr. Stumpy gave me the thumbs up...

If anybody is interested in joining his build off I have a low hrs 029 Super for sale in the classifieds.

Go ahead and look at my sig for a link!

Chris

I just got done using all of my vacation for the year and then you come up with this..... Are you going to run them all together, or different groups for the different displacements? Also, are you going to just do three cuts or is this more of a worksaw build?

Drat! I just sold a pretty ugly 029. I would have kept that ugly plastic for the rat-rod effect. I guess now would be a good time to try unloading a couple of those 039 jugs I have been sitting on. NOT. I have a couple of spare 45mm ones though.

Good build off idea! I think it will get a lot of interest being a bit more affordable!

And good to see the Dr, posting :D

I may see what I can come up with.

Good build off idea! I think it will get a lot of interest being a bit more affordable!

And good to see the Dr, posting :D

I may see what I can come up with.

Interestingly enough, I have had a little 1127 project languishing in my shop for a long time. I started calling it the "sawtroll special." That one is 46mm, but.......

I just got done using all of my vacation for the year and then you come up with this..... Are you going to run them all together, or different groups for the different displacements? Also, are you going to just do three cuts or is this more of a worksaw build?

Drat! I just sold a pretty ugly 029. I would have kept that ugly plastic for the rat-rod effect. I guess now would be a good time to try unloading a couple of those 039 jugs I have been sitting on. NOT. I have a couple of spare 45mm ones though.

If we have enough saws entered we might split them up into different categories.

The amount of cuts may also depend on how many enter.

If you want to make a cookie cutter thats fine. As long as it complies with the rules. I think some will be surprised at what these saws are capable of. I know I was.

If we have enough saws entered we might split them up into different categories.

The amount of cuts may also depend on how many enter.

If you want to make a cookie cutter thats fine. As long as it complies with the rules. I think some will be surprised at what these saws are capable of. I know I was.

That's fine, but I'm not going to make a 30 second machine if it will end up getting run for 5 or 10 minutes. I'll wait until the rules get firmed up a little before I do anything. I'd probably add a one-liner about using a stock cylinder casting. It would not be terribly hard to stuff an 046 bottom end into one of those 1127 cradles if you wanted to mill off all of the 046 case.

IMG_4425.jpg

I picked up a 310 yesterday with a scored top. Let the building begin. :rock:

And... We're off!!! This should be a hoot! Should I pick up a couple Farm Boss bars for the testing?

WE got the bars covered, thanks though.

Here's the latest vid of the 290 I built
[video=youtube;8OLdbnSNaW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OLdbnSNaW0[/video]

Stock 029
[video=youtube;92ONtSck7KU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ONtSck7KU[/video]

Back