The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
I for one will not begin the HUSKY vs stihl fight :) (insert > instead of vs)
Both have good points and bad. Both companies have lemons. Bound to happen with the amount of products being made every day.

Mainly like my Huskys cause Dad likes Stihls. But when you start your CAD with a 100$ 394, who can blame me?

I'll hopefully have the 99cc 064 finished before the build. I really want to see how it stacks up against the wicked 066s that will be there.

we are sending out own bar right and what was decided on bar length for the build off?

32" bars if I remember correctly. If you send a saw there would be plenty of bars there I would imagine. If this one is like the last two you will have to get a new chain to be install just before testing. There will be some heavy hitters in this build......if you bring it, don't hold nothing back. :laugh:

Is there a date yet? I haven't found a saw yet to do for myself so I don't know if I"ll get an entry in this or not.

I need to pick up a PTO side crank seal for woodchuckers then I'll be ready to rock with it.

Those used 066s must have gold in them somewhere for what a lot of them go for.

Those used 066s must have gold in them somewhere for what a lot of them go for.

I just got another one. This is the one that BigBlockBurris had come unhinged on him. I've got the case split and a good used crank to go in it. I reckon I'll use this saw for my build off saw since the 064 BB is outside the scope of the rules.

Dang I guess I will have to chuck this 10 pin and start looking for a 9

I was afraid it was going to be some kind of really hard wood:cool2:

I've got a 9 & 11 pin rim here:msp_thumbsup: Might as well go with 42" if't we're gonna be cuttin soft wood.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

:popcorn::popcorn:

Any one got their saws broke in yet? Im working on mine today, Could probably have it running today if I get after it. Just stock. Ill run it some, and then back apart for some work.

Even though a 064 is not allowed. Does anyone think a 064 could come out ahead of all the 660's/066's? I would think that the CC advantage would be a no brainer for the 066/660.

Back