The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
Well it sounds like it's getting closer. I wish I had mine done so I could send it to you to run with yours. :msp_sneaky:

I got a friend bringing a stock 066 RL down sometime this week to run with mine. Ill know then weither to proceed on, or throw it in the creek!:D

Well durand it seems like it might be close to the xpw so it should be getting closer to the 395. Did you get a run with the 395 in the bigger end of the log?

Well durand it seems like it might be close to the xpw so it should be getting closer to the 395. Did you get a run with the 395 in the bigger end of the log?

Nope. I put a 8 pin on it this morning, then the chain was too short....

I may end up jetting the carb up. The fastest cuts were at 1.5 turns out....more than once. Its got a 72 now. Any input on this anybody?

Last edited:
not side by side but brad posted a video from the last gtg of his 066 and my 372 in the same post and my xpw was faster.

Just wondered. I remember my buildoff 372 beating my 395 with a 28" bar. Mike had the same deal with his and his 660 i think it was, and a 30" bar.

Yeah the 372 was faster than the 390 in 25" oak with a 30" bar. It seems there's no real advantage until you bury a 32" bar in a log for the 90cc saws.

If you got that much time you might as well pick up the grinder while you're out and about.

Yeah the 372 was faster than the 390 in 25" oak with a 30" bar. It seems there's no real advantage until you bury a 32" bar in a log for the 90cc saws.

If you got that much time you might as well pick up the grinder while you're out and about.

Thats about what Im finding

I'm wondering about this 3120. I hope it's going to be stronger than the 066 with 36" bars.

I think we should have a 120cc buildoff of modern saws. It would be more interesting I think.

Dont hold your breath :D

I have had a 3/8 8 pin and 24 on mine for cookie cutting. But dont mess with it much.
42" full comp .404 and 7 pin or either the 72" most of the time.

I know there's not many people with those big saws and even then most don't want to mess with them since they cost so much.

Latest posts

Back