The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
Stock or aftermarket jugs, but must be 54mm. No two piece heads, no pipes, must have spark screens, but any amount of outlets. 064 with 66 tops are ok.

Gonna be 32" bars in a big o cant. Probably do 3 cuts, taking the best of three.

Yea, stock carbs. Everything has to function as original. Chain brake too. It's a "work saw" build ;)

Late march, early April at my place.

They have to be stock. You and I are both out. :(

I found a couple posts buried in the thread. So, stock carbs on both the 066 and 346? How about 357 carbs on the 346? How about external transfers?

Last edited:
That's right folks. March 24th, 2012. The location zip is 42071. Be there or be square!

Gonna be two working class saw build offs.

First is the 064/066/660.

Must be 54mm bore!!
No two piece heads
Stock carbs, fully functioning choke
Air filters installed.
Must have stock muffler, no restrictions on outlets or what not.
Fuel and chain will be supplied. 93 octane non ethonol.

Entry cost will be whatever it cost me for the chain and fuel cost diveded up. I would figure $30ish a piece.
Wood will be 28" approx. so a 32" bar will be needed. If u don't have one, I'm sure someone will share

Fastest cut thru the cant wins. The winner will receive his choice of a swift kick in the junk or bragging rights, whichever u prefer....

And also the 346 ex pee

Same basic rules.

No two piece heads
You can run the OE or NE cylinders
Carb, intake and filter must appear stock. 357/359 carbs are ok.
Must have stock muffler, no restriction on outlets or what nots.

Fuel will be supplied.

You supply your chain

Chain can be either 3/8 or .325. It must be NEW in the package, and will be inspected prior to running.

Wood will be 10x10 of most likely poplar. Two cuts, one down, one up. Fastest time wins. Same prizes as the 66 Buildoff.

So there it is, got lots of time, so y'all better get to building

Seems this date is going to interfere with plan my son has for us to go to the Mid America Truck Show. I may have to ship my saw or see if it can hitch a ride with one of you guys.

Seems this date is going to interfere with plan my son has for us to go to the Mid America Truck Show. I may have to ship my saw or see if it can hitch a ride with one of you guys.

I'm sure one of us will be able to take it, cant promise that it will come home though.:msp_tongue:

its too friendly in here. my stock 660 is going to beat all yall. let the trash talk commence. hahaha

btw march is going to be a awesome month. got the 12hr of sebring the week before, then the GTG. :yoyo:

I'm hoping to not finish last. Anything above that is a plus. :msp_thumbsup:

its too friendly in here. my stock 660 is going to beat all yall. let the trash talk commence. hahaha

btw march is going to be a awesome month. got the 12hr of sebring the week before, then the GTG. :yoyo:

Your stocker will probably beat mine!:msp_mad:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back