The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
Video is uploading. I'm on dsl here not a cable modem. It will be a few more minutes and you guys can see for yourselves:hmm3grin2orange:

I will probably send mine with a 7 pin. I will do some testing with 7 and 8 but I think I already know the answer in that size wood.

I dont have a bar longer than 28" so I will be doing a little guessing myself.I would imagine a 7 tooth would be faster in that much wood.

Here you guys go.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pyxEfJNhTfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mine is the ugly one. I think mine was tuned to 12.6k and his around 12.8k.

who sharpened the chain on pauls saw? they need to be tested with the same chain to know what saw was actually faster. they both look good

both running 7 or 8 pin? agree with terry on same chain and bar.

Last edited:
7 on mine and I think his had a 7. His chain was as sharp as mine. Both were RSC. Mine had already cut a tank of wood before it got there.

The stock 3120 cut right with both of those 66s and it running a 32" with a 7 pin. It's bone stock without even a muffler mod. I think that was the most surprising of the day.

must be a really good running 3120 or ugh ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, never mind:hmm3grin2orange:

must be a really good running 3120 or ugh ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, never mind:hmm3grin2orange:

It seems to be a real good runner for stock. It does have the 12k coil instead of the lower one. Paul has videos of it I think. That video I posted was on my phone. I don't know how many he got earlier.

I need to get the carb fixed up or get one from someone already set up and I will. I think it would be real fast on a pipe with a 20" and 10 pin:D

get yourself an alky carb from ecbert right here in tn an throw on that sucker if you want to run a pipe.

I'll probably never build an alky pipe saw. Can't run them in the wood pile long enough to get anything done.;)

Latest posts

Back