The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
I bought another 346 yesterday. This ones an OE. With another saw, I can put the OEM topend back on my NE saw and put the aftermarket cylinder I'm working on on this OE saw. That'll make comparison testing a lot easier. I suppose I'll bring them both.

I need a piston to get in on this build. I only use Meteor pistons and OEM. The Greek is the only one I know of that stocks Meteor for the NE346XP. I doubt I can get one shipped in time for the build.

I do have a 353 top end I may play around with and enter.

Sorry Young I guess I missed something but how would you like for me to get the chain money to you?

Just a question, will anyone have a chain breaker-spinner at the GTG? I am going to have a 28" chain that will need to be shortened to 84dl.

PM sent young.:msp_razz:

young said:
jokers who already paid for 66 build off chain
1. wiggs
2. mastermind
3. me
4. mdavlee
5. ECopsey
6. blsnelling‎

7. subhunter

planning to pay at the gtg

a. FarmerBoy

Well guys, guess its time to swap cylinders. I ran my 372 and 66 against each other today again. Both were wearing 8 pin sprockets and the same 24'' bar and chain cutting past the tip in a hard ass Oak log. The chain is RSC that was used on my saw in the 372 buildoff, Its never been sharpened and has only made probably 10 cuts.....so it's close to off the roll. The 372 is still holding about 3 seconds on the 66, which is better than I started out I guess. I got a non decomp to give it a whirl......

Here's the vids if anyone's interested.... I was just practicing the first cut on the 66 vid :laugh:
066 8 pin - YouTube
372 8 pin - YouTube

btw anybody want to do a gtg swap meet ???

Oh gawd... Does that mean I have to drag all muh stuff out?

Well guys, guess its time to swap cylinders. I ran my 372 and 66 against each other today again. Both were wearing 8 pin sprockets and the same 24'' bar and chain cutting past the tip in a hard ass Oak log. The chain is RSC that was used on my saw in the 372 buildoff, Its never been sharpened and has only made probably 10 cuts.....so it's close to off the roll. The 372 is still holding about 3 seconds on the 66, which is better than I started out I guess. I got a non decomp to give it a whirl......

Here's the vids if anyone's interested.... I was just practicing the first cut on the 66 vid :laugh:
066 8 pin - YouTube
372 8 pin - YouTube

I'd be very curious to see how they both compared wearin 32" bars ;)

On second thought, i forgot i still have that RL 066 here lol. I should be using it as a comparison saw instead of the 372.

Well that sucks that cylinder is still not beating the 372. Maybe the non decomp will turn it around the other way.

Well that sucks that cylinder is still not beating the 372. Maybe the non decomp will turn it around the other way.

I done one more thing to the cylinder thats on it before Im gonna chunk it. Just gotta put her back on and give it a try.....but it'll probably be a couple days :(

Well here's mine with a 24" rsc and an 8 pin on it. I had someone to video so I took advantage of it. It's oak just over bar length.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I49SbetxmjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts

Back