The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
Frank, just sayin nate and I had times in the 24's as well but you can't tell that from the winning times posted. So we are just asking for the complete cut record to be shown then people can compare.

I see where you are coming from for sure, I've seen this before and have been part of it myself in the past. Treemonkey had some good running saws and so did alot of the other guys. I don't think there was anything intentional or anyone was trying to misrepresent anything from the results. They took the first run and went with it. Personally I think the top 5 saws could be run several times and could have different results everytime, they were all very close for sure. Everyone of the top finishers just sounded different than alot of the others and the time differences showed. No pissing match from me, I thought all of you guys are top notch!

Wish I could cheese man, all I can do is insects. Here's a wasp.

1fa1d91a.jpg

That's not a wasp you turd....

Now try a Proboscis Monkey.

I see where you are coming from for sure, I've seen this before and have been part of it myself in the past. Treemonkey had some good running saws and so did alot of the other guys. I don't think there was anything intentional or anyone was trying to misrepresent anything from the results. They took the first run and went with it. Personally I think the top 5 saws could be run several times and could have different results everytime, they were all very close for sure. Everyone of the top finishers just sounded different than alot of the others and the time differences showed. No pissing match from me, I thought all of you guys are top notch!

I agree. The top saws were neck and neck. Heck, 1 small knot could cost a second.

Who would had thought I would had hit 13 of em...:dunno:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a majority of the builders that had 2 saws in the competition found out their saw they thought was going to be faster lost to their other saw. If you can follow that. Phone suck when tapatalk quits.

It looks like the top 5 would have still been the same people just maybe a little different order. I guess my saw didn't get run with an 8 pin?:msp_confused: I'm not sure if it would have gained or lost time just wondering.

thanks for posting the times
all those saws were strong saws. even that stock saw was stronger then average
i think that jd's 7900 ran in the 24's also
pauls 372xpw was around 26 if i remember right
wish i would have run my pipe saw in that wood for the fun of it

Thanks for posting all the times. I think they show a more true ability of the saw and not just the operator.

I think that mastermind built deerjackies saw which was in last. But that wasn't a good run either as he stated in another thread. I would have liked to compare both those saws .

For all that like to analyze and compare times. Try to get to one of these GTGs. I prefer the hands on feel of comparing saws and not just the time cuts.
Some saws just feel better and faster. Some have better low end grunt. I think that is the best way to compare.

i went thru the 346 results. this is what i came up with. there were two saws that in the list are with square ground chain on them so i wont count them in the tally.the rules were any new in the box chain but some did not it to be round only. here is what my math came up with. i totalled the times beside each name and then threw out the worst time.
1 mike ne 7.24
2 terry ne 7.46
3 randy ne 8.01
4 eric ne 8.05
5 jd ne 8.54
6 brad 8.86
7 mike oe 9.05
8 jeremy ne 9.17
9 wendel ne 9.38
10 jason oe 9.49
11 stumpy 350 9.51
12 jack ne 9.56

hopefully i got it right.

It looks like the top 5 would have still been the same people just maybe a little different order. I guess my saw didn't get run with an 8 pin? I'm not sure if it would have gained or lost time just wondering.

I didn't run yours or my saw a second time. If it's like every other one I've been to the first time is the one that counts anyways.

Well all I know is;

1) That was one of the top three GTGs I've ever attended!
2) Every saw on the property was as fast as greased lightning!
3) Ain't NOBODY there got anything to be ashamed of when it comes to good strong saws!
4) Can't wait 'til next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mike

Guys can we get to the food talk now? Enough about saws already. And cheese, enough about cheese.

TK;3570078[B said:
]Guys can we get to the food talk now?[/B] Enough about saws already. And cheese, enough about cheese.

How bout Beer talk? :msp_huh: Food was excellent! Lemonade and beer shouldn't be in the same bottle though!:D

Latest posts

Back