The Old Giants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never get tired of seein those 166's. Awsome as always.

Here's another but not mine.

attachment.php

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you are taking out the notch of that tree in sections. After you notch the tree, how high, and deep is the notch when done. The trees that I'm used to are saplings compared to what you are cutting down. Bruce.

That picture was scanned out of a dolmar spec sheet.

My dad had a homelite 990 he'd used falling redwoods back in the mid 1960s. I got to run it a few times bucking big fir trees into firewood. With the 72" bar and a big Doug Fir you could make a cord of firewood in a big hurry. That was a great old saw.

I worked in the logging woods in Northern California a few summers while going to college. One year I was chasing landing and they provided me a couple of Homelite 1050s. They were okay saws, but I wasn't overly impressed with them. The next couple summers they provided Pioneers, don't remember the model for sure, they were great saws.

The Serial number would say it's an 070 but the 66mm Piston and Cylinder would roar 090! :clap:

Yes harrygrey382, I'd just like to take this opportunity to rub it in, again!

attachment.php

I'm going to have my fun with it for the next year or so then split it, strip it ,paint it, re-assemble it and then admire it!

Last edited:
Big Mac's

O.K. so I finally remembered to post some photo's of the Big McCulloch's. Sorry but I don't have any new action photo's at this time. The 740 needs the oiler housing replaced, someone let the chain run off at some point and wore a hole in the housing. I have the parts on hand, just been too busy doing other things. The others are fully operational and waiting for a worthy task. My younger son took one of the 125's to New Hartford (IA) earlier in the year to give a hand with clean up after the tornado went through. I was not around (in Singapore) at that time.

Mark

attachment.php

L-R: 1-85, 740, SP125C, SP125C

attachment.php

My "Twins"

Bruce, These 153's have a 24" a 32" and a 38"
Although where i live the biggest wood we have
might hit 20 inches. I just love long bars on big
saws. Like most of my saws they are just in my
collection and don't see much use.

Thanks for all the comments.
Lee

Here are some videos - my Mac SP125C (36"), Homie 1050(24"), and the Sears 60051 -77cc, gear drive (18"). Just got it back together after a major cleanup and changing a piston with a broken ring. Keep in mind, the Mac and Homie are running .404 chain and the Sears saw is running 1/2" chain - and the rings haven't seated yet. I was leaning on it and couldn't slow it down. More photos of it will be in another post. OH yeah - the log is dry sumac. Not real hard, but seems to be tough cutting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ayVjcBNHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtTda1dPTb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwQqqs0FPhA

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back