The Old Giants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple new ones of the 076 being put through its paces:

GTG_6Medium.jpg

GTG_8Medium.jpg

GTG_10Medium.jpg

GTG_20Medium.jpg

One of mine...

Here is a picture of me with my 1-85 (99 cc and gear drive, 1/2" pitch chain). If it won't cut wood you can always use it to dig trenches.

The SP125C was in the saw store getting fitted with a new chain for the new 32" bar. I'lll try to post a photo with both saws one of these days.

Mark

I had some time this week to work on a nice ole giant : a Danarm UK 125 auto built late sixties or early seventies. It's a 125 cc saw, no decomp, with a solid tip 20" bar.

It was still in good condition and needed very little work. Very powerful saw with a strong acceleration for it's age, but quite loud and one of the worst shakers I have held in my hands... my hands tinkled like fire after holding it for a minute...:dizzy:
QUOTE]

Where did you come up with that one Belgian? Is that a Tillotson HL Carb?
Love to hear and see it run. To help the vibes, you might try the thick foam tubes made for bicycle handlebars. I put this on the 1050 and it was a big help.

Suckelfass, Hiemannm, those Macs look great!. I've got a big cherry to take down in the next month or so. Will try to get some pics and video of the 125 and 1050 in action.

Last edited:
nice old thread... certainly worth revisiting.

makes me want a SP125... nah... an 090!!!

Love to hear and see it run. To help the vibes, you might try the thick foam tubes made for bicycle handlebars.

I got this one from another collector in Belgium, together with a two man saw I bought from him. It's not a very common saw I think, never seen one before except for Mike Acres site. It has indeed a Tilly HL carb.

This saw has no antivibe at all...the vibrations are very tough on the rear handle. It's a collector saw, not one for frequent use, so I'll leave it as it is for now. :)

I got this one from another collector in Belgium, together with a two man saw I bought from him. It's not a very common saw I think, never seen one before except for Mike Acres site. It has indeed a Tilly HL carb.

This saw has no antivibe at all...the vibrations are very tough on the rear handle. It's a collector saw, not one for frequent use, so I'll leave it as it is for now. :)

I agree - no changes! Besides, it makes you appreciate todays AV. You ever get to run that Mall GP much?

Hold on to your suspenders, guys. Today I got another big motha from Stihl , a 1951 two man saw type BDN, with 300 cm³ ...the biggest Stihl I have seen. Unfortunately, the carb is missing (Bing 1/24) but hope to find one soon. It has a 49 " bar and scratcher chain. Its condition is pretty good and compression is top.

Can't wait to get this baby running...:greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hold on to your suspenders, guys. Today I got another big motha from Stihl , a 1951 two man saw type BDN, with 300 cm³ ...the biggest Stihl I have seen. Unfortunately, the carb is missing (Bing 1/24) but hope to find one soon. It has a 49 " bar and scratcher chain. Its condition is pretty good and compression is top.

Can't wait to get this baby running...:greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh My Gawsh! That is an amazing machine! It's like they sharpened the teeth on a Ditch Witch, added a handle, and painted it Panzer Grey! That is BEEE-YOU-TEE-FULLLLLL!!!!!!!!:chainsawguy:

Does it take the same carbs as a Beemer R90? Heeeheeeeheeeeheee

Last edited:
I had some time this week to work on a nice ole giant : a Danarm UK 125 auto built late sixties or early seventies. It's a 125 cc saw, no decomp, with a solid tip 20" bar.

It was still in good condition and needed very little work. Very powerful saw with a strong acceleration for it's age, but quite loud and one of the worst shakers I have held in my hands... my hands tinkled like fire after holding it for a minute...:dizzy:

Love to hear and see it run. To help the vibes, you might try the thick foam tubes made for bicycle handlebars. I put this on the 1050 and it was a big help.

Suckelfass, Hiemannm, those Macs look great!. I've got a big cherry to take down in the next month or so. Will try to get some pics and video of the 125 and 1050 in action.

there I fixed it for you!!!

Very cool! I trust you will further taunt us with a video when you get it running?

I don't have video abilities yet, but I do feel the need. I'll work on it...

Where do you find these? You have quite a collection now, don't you?

I found this one in Belgium with an old collector who managed to recover from CAD... My collecton is now +120 saws, not all runners but say 70% for the moment. I focus on pre 70 ies and saws +80 cc, not brand specific, or any beauty that comes along...:givebeer:

Back