The price of oil(s)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey517

Living the Medicare dream
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had been using the Poulan Synthetic oil from Walmart for quite awhile thinking I was saving money over the "bigger brand name" oil. Then, the local Walmart stopped stocking it. I found it at another location priced at $2.99 per 3.2 oz bottle.

I learned that even the big box stores priced the Echo Power blend or Husqvarna LS at $2.99 per 2.6 oz.

That's when I learned my local Husky / Stihl dealer sells the Stihl Ultra synthetic for $12.99 a 6 pack, which works out to $2.17, so I bought a pack. Pretty good price for a full synthetic I thought.

Yesterday I stopped in a small engine shop close to my house that carries Dolmar saws. They carry the Dolmar Fully Synthetic mix for $1.50 for 2.6oz bottle, which works out to $9.00 a 6 pack. The Dolmar, like the Husky and Echo mix meets or exceeds the FD ratings & ISO EGD.

My question is does anyone have any experience with or use this mix regularly and have any opinions about it. I don't care what the brand name is on the bottle, just if it's a good cheap oil, or if its just a cheap oil.

Just looking for information is all...

I use the dolmar or amsoil sabre at 40:1 and have had no problems.

If you are concerned about price where I have amsoil saber oil it is $12.00 for 32 ounces. If you want to save money by in quart size

Back