The Propane Man

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just talked to the "credit manager." She said they hadnt been out to pump the propane out because they didnt think there would still be that much left in the tank. She didnt believe me that the furnace has only run twice in the last two months.:dizzy: She asked me to go check the gauge while i was on the phone with her. Yep, still full.

They were banking on me using the propane because it was there.:chainsaw:

I seriously cannot believe this. The crazy thing is after hanging out on arboristsite it seems that this seems to be par for the course for propane companies.

Just talked to the "credit manager." She said they hadnt been out to pump the propane out because they didnt think there would still be that much left in the tank. She didnt believe me that the furnace has only run twice in the last two months.:dizzy: She asked me to go check the gauge while i was on the phone with her. Yep, still full.

They were banking on me using the propane because it was there.:chainsaw:

I seriously cannot believe this. The crazy thing is after hanging out on arboristsite it seems that this seems to be par for the course for propane companies.

Please keep us updated.

Propane companies are just downright frustrating. Don't get me started.....

Isn't there some law that says that if someone sends you something you didn't order that you can consider it a gift? Get stuff through the mail now and then like that where they then send you a bill and a return envelope but they hope you send them the $$.

I would send them a bill for storage fees..........
I can't believe the nerve of some people.

Keep us posted.

well...the saga continues. They finally came out and pumped the rest of the propane out of the tank. Leaving me 100 gallons, which is pretty much useless at this point in the year. I didnt even come close to using what i already had in the tank.

Anyway, the propane man pumped their share out and took off. I felt pretty relieved ince this ordeal was finally over, until the credit manager called to tell me that they could credit me back for the propane, but they would like me to pay the finance charges on the account since they "carried" me for 4 months.:chainsaw:

I lost it! I told her that i would waive the storage fee if they waived the finance charge! I did not even order a single drop of propane, they delivered it anyway and have the nerve to charge me interest!!!!!!! She said she would have to talk to the GM to see if they could let me out of the charges, I told her they have my number if he has a problem with it, and this is where i stand and that it was not my fault it took them 4 months to get here. THE DELIVERY GUY HAD BEEN HERE FOUR TIMES SINCE THE INITIAL DELIVERY!!!!!:censored:

Im sending the check for the 100 gallons i dont need tomorrow...wow, by far the worst customer service i have ever recieved.

I guess I am going to put a lock on my propane tank. I don't want them rapeing me anymore.

I live in a cinder block house (use to be garage, then a chicken coop, now my home). There is no insulation on the walls, just block. A few months ago we burned through $600 of propane in 3o days. Now this is a ~1000 sq ft house. F-that. Locked that tank, thre w barrel on it's side with a $30 kit from Menards. No more propane. Been warm for free since.

I have always been on will call since we moved into our home. However, a couple yrs. ago I came home and there was an invoice in our front door for 7-800 dollars from the propane company. We have a 500 gal. tank. I called them and asked if we called for fuel? She looked at our account and I hadn't called in and was on will call she said. I asked her why they filled me completely full. I wasn't about to pay 800 bill for gas I didn't need in sept. She said it needed to be paid in full asap. I said I'd get to it when I felt like it. She never bauked. I slowly paid them off. I had plenty of cash, but just fed them a little here and there.

I did just got my $60 lease fee for my tank also. I'm not paying it. I buy fuel from them, it should be free. I can't buy fuel from any other company anyways. I had 20% in my tank in Nov. when I started burning wood. It now has 17% in it. We only use our gas clothes drier. If they call I'm telling them to come get it and transfer the fuel to a 100 gal. tank by my house.

other peoples rules

It does not matter what it is ,propane ,gas, taxes, insurance
Pretty much everything we do is governed by somebody else's rules .
I try not to dwell on it .:)

It does not matter what it is ,propane ,gas, taxes, insurance
Pretty much everything we do is governed by somebody else's rules .
I try not to dwell on it .:)

i have no choice but to deal with it

I simply will not pay for something i did not order, and I am making damn sure this will not happen again!:greenchainsaw:

I'm on your side

i have no choice but to deal with it

I simply will not pay for something i did not order, and I am making damn sure this will not happen again!:greenchainsaw:

I totally agree with you,IT's just so easy to get run over these days.
Fight back when you can. John

poopane guy sucks

My propane supplier hates me before I installed my stove I burned 1200-1400 gallons a winter.

Last winter I used 74 gallons can't ween the clothes dryer off the stuff.

Funny part is after I got the stove they changed me to a smaller tank 3 years ago. Since then they have let the tank run the tank dry 3 times and I'm an auto fill customer. According to them it's my fault because I'm a low use customer and they can't predict my usage. It seems that there usage system is based on temperature degree days not a flat monthly usage like a clothes dryer. I laugh at there stupidly I can calculate my usage on the fingers of one hand. However there fancy software cant seem to get it right...

The manager of the branch acts and looks like Fat Bastard in an Austin Powers movie. This description relevant to this story as i just want to paint the picture of him so you understand the ass **** I'm fighting with. Because every time they run me out of propane they do a leak inspection. Some how they think I should pay these inspections when to date they have never found a leak.

After the last time they run me dry they have removed me from the auto-fill program. They forced me to go will-call and charge me a delivery fee unless I buy 200 gallons min.

Mark

Last edited:
I love it.

For those of you who don't use much propane I have a suggestion.

Buy a 100# tank. Haul it to town and have it filled. You will pay a little more per gallon, but the hassle of dealing with the larger tank just isn't worth it.

Maybe get two tanks so that you can switch over.....

Just a suggestion.

Where is Hank Hill?, he would set these guys right, there is honor in propane.

For those of you who don't use much propane I have a suggestion.

Buy a 100# tank. Haul it to town and have it filled. You will pay a little more per gallon, but the hassle of dealing with the larger tank just isn't worth it.

Maybe get two tanks so that you can switch over.....

Just a suggestion.

:bang: great idea...time for a change around here:D

I did exactly what Patrick62 recommended. I let the 500 gal pig in my back yard run dry called the propane company and told them to come get their tank out of my yard and found a couple of old 100#ers went to town filled them up and have been running on the first tank all winter!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

I am going to love it the day they come get that tank out of my yard if the snow ever melts.

Back