The Sea-Foam Trick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are nuts.
The carb has a new kit in it.
The inside of the carb was quite clean, However, I am thinking that ( somewhere ) in there some gunk was missed.
Most likely on the high side as Stubnail67 has suggested.
Just hoping that it is varnish and the Sea-Foam will dissolve it.

Will have a little while this afternoon to mess with the saw. After that it will be almost a week before I can get back to it.
Was just wandering "How Much " Sea-Foam" can be run through the saw without damaging it.

Thanks
David

i think its 1oz/gal for stabilizing...
if you need a good clean, i would put 1oz in a half-full saw tank. as long as you have fresh gas with good oil mix, i believe you're fine.
idle/run it for a few minutes to get the treated fuel into the carb
let it sit for the week
next weekend fire it up for a few min again to flush the carb and see how it does
if good, top off the tank with oil mix and run the tank out...

I shouldn't have said that, but it did seem we were all saying some of the same stuff. I will say this though, I have a 1987 Suzuki 250 4 wheeler I have owned since new. Back in 2009 we bought a Polaris Ranger and the Suzuki saw very little use since. I get it going each season but it sputters and back fires through the carb some. This year I drained all the gas out I could get,.. replaced it with new gas and added a healthy dose of sea foam. I got it started and ran it about 10 minutes. Then I waited for a couple hours then re-started it and rode it for a while pulling my Agri-Fab Lawn sweeper maybe 2 hours.
That machine never missed a beat no more running it with the choke lever partially on, no sputtering, no back firing (which it normally does every few seconds for the first 20 minutes). So was it the new gas or the sea foam...? I think it was a 50/50 of each. I have put new gas in it many times but never with any real improvement , this time I think the sea foam did the trick. $8.00 per can at Wal-Mart very cheap insurance.

Latest posts

Back