THE second official firewood burners whiners thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that there looks like a good manly cut... I hope you got it cleaned up and sewn up...

Now there is a worthy whine ( we may burst into "Oh Canada" :msp_scared: ). :clap::clap:

"White dirt" indeed....good call.:cold:

P.S. Do Albertans ( correct ?) also begin the evening drink NOW, at sundown ? PJs as UOTD in upper latitudes ?

I think that's right.. (i'm a Texan) I'm sure my wife will inform me of the correct term if i woke her up to ask (she works at 5am tomorrow)... :hmm3grin2orange: As for the drinking.. Yaa it's pretty much a free for all man.. Ohh look i have a 1/2 hour to waste.. Glug glug glug..:biggrin: how else do ya stay happy all winter.. It's going down to -15f tonight.. just wait till feb and it stays -40f for the month.. I still don't see the appeal to staying here. Its either work when its 40 below or drink in your garage telling lies.. brrr.. who has another log for the :angry2: its getting cold here..

I think that's right.. (i'm a Texan) I'm sure my wife will inform me of the correct term if i woke her up to ask (she works at 5am tomorrow)... :hmm3grin2orange: As for the drinking.. Yaa it's pretty much a free for all man.. Ohh look i have a 1/2 hour to waste.. Glug glug glug..:biggrin: how else do ya stay happy all winter.. It's going down to -15f tonight.. just wait till feb and it stays -40f for the month.. I still don't see the appeal to staying here. Its either work when its 40 below or drink in your garage telling lies.. brrr.. who has another log for the :angry2: its getting cold here..

You some kind of illegal in Canada ? :hmm3grin2orange:

Are you sure with that sauce in you that temps are in F, not really C (as metric Canada ) ? We need the truth, not some Texas BS whine :hmm3grin2orange: . :cry:

You some kind of illegal in Canada ? :hmm3grin2orange:

Are you sure with that sauce in you that temps are in F, not really C (as metric Canada ) ? We need the truth, not some Texas BS whine :hmm3grin2orange: . :cry:

C'mon now, LB, you're close enough to MetricLand that ya probably speak French, you oughta know that -40 is -40 either way, F or C. We only deal in the -30s F here in Cheddarville, gotta head to northern MN to see if your thermometer reads to -40 usually.

My whine for the day: It takes ingenuity to break into one's woodhauler when one decides to lock the one working door, only to find it won't unlock.

A hammer, and some fishing tools, and my windows are still intact. The outside door handle on the broken side is now missing, thanks to the hammer, and a straightened out mouth spreader and needle nose acquired at the bait shop where it happened worked the controls. Did I mention it was snowing, blowing and a balmy +25F while I was doing this? At least I had my hunting gear on.

Undecided if I'll fix the door or just find a different one at the boneyard and rattle can it to match? Flat black is cheap, and maybe I can find one with a crank window instead of the broken power one on this door. Heck, maybe I'll just duct tape the handle hole shut and run it.

:hmm3grin2orange: It's a wood hauler.. do ya really need that "other" door handle.. :msp_sneaky: I thought i didn't need heat in my wood hauling jeep.. Till the first winter hit.. WOW was i wrong.. :bang:

Now that there looks like a good manly cut... I hope you got it cleaned up and sewn up...

Stripping some wire in an electrical panel. Knife slipped. Not the first time I wounded myself doing that. I guess I needed another reminder about where to keep my hand.

No, didn't get it sewn. No time for that. Put some tape on it, then tried some of that liquid bandage. I guess I should have used some superglue. I hear that's the cat's meow for this kind of thing.

Stripping some wire in an electrical panel. Knife slipped. Not the first time I wounded myself doing that. I guess I needed another reminder about where to keep my hand.

No, didn't get it sewn. No time for that. Put some tape on it, then tried some of that liquid bandage. I guess I should have used some superglue. I hear that's the cat's meow for this kind of thing.

Ahhh the good ole razor cut..

Super glue works great.. I use black tape over that then there is minimal residue left behind when ya take the tape off..

sound's like i' not the only one that needs beer !!happy new year ,it can only get better now!!:msp_thumbup:

This afternoon I decided to head out back and split some oak crotches I had sitting around. The fourth one decided to pop back out of the splitter and hit me square in the nuts, decided that was enough and called it a day as I was already in a bad mood. Got back to the garage and guess what, no damn beer left anywhere. Drove to town to get some, ended up forgetting my wallet at the house and had to drive back home empty handed. Yup today wasn't my best day, oh well tomorrow is a new day and a new year.

Woe is me. The days are short, darkness falls early, and the Laphroaig is gone.

# 2. SWMBO has shut me off 'cause of an unknown misdemeanor or infraction, or......... It's the Venus/Mars thing again which I am unable to understand.

And final woe: there is a thread about a "nut case" that has degenerated into an attack on --hold your privates--- PROFESSORS ! If I do not hold my tongue (sic), it could be time for banned camp. Stay tuned boys and girls.:hmm3grin2orange:

Back