THE second official firewood burners whiners thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My firewood thread

Sounds like you need a hug:msp_w00t:

Yup I could sure use a hug and a new 6 wheel Unimog with
moveable operators station, air conditioning, AM FM stereo,
rear and front CAb CAM cameras, front and rear P.T.O.,
Three point hitch attachments for front and rear,
Hiab high lift knuckleboom crane, Pronovost PXPL-82
snow caster, 4 set of snow chains, Vrismo 8 foot flail mower, 8 foot Northwest
rototiller with bedding attachment, 12 foot flame dragon weeder,
monosem 12 row vacuum planter, Michigan Transplanter for tree transplants,
8 foot Rockland Rotoveyor rock picker, 4 bottom "On Land" Kverneland rotary plow with Weise
conservation tillage plow shares for 14 inch deep plowing, I will remember the rest later
some time, some day.

firewood whine

NO WHINING !!!

We don need no stinkin' whine. Not like the ditzy boys and girls over at Forestry and Logging: drooling about those silly "homeowners", or GOL, or , or...."boring", or A.B.H. (anything but humboldt ). Just say "no" to whining.

Hey, I love, love :heart: harvesting in my woodlands: firewood to heat the house ( 99.44% wood heated ), the shop, the hot tub, some neighbors; $$$$ from pulp and sawlogs for drink; and....the exceptional warmth and romance of the 2 stoves. What now: time to begin cutting for next winter's heat...when the ground freezes hard.

So, whine away. OCD referrals on PM.:taped:

If I stop whining someone going to steal my cheese!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like my dad has avalanchers luck:
Unemployed for almost two years, gets back to work for a couple months. Steps into a post hole, breaks his leg and will be off for at least six months. Luckily workmans comp covered the bill. Sometimes ya just cant win.

Mine:
Bought a $300 homebuilt splitter this year with the cylinders seals going out. Ok use it till thy blow and replace. Well going out must mean not even there. First piece, ram stops dead and there goes the new oil i just put in it. So out comes the maul. Still havent figured out how to split by hand and NOT have the chunks bust me in the shin. Man that hurts! Oh and have the wife in my ear, why did you buy a splitter thay doesnt even work, blah blah blah. My most recent answer " just to piss you off."
Ok im done....

Yup I could sure use a hug and a new 6 wheel Unimog with
moveable operators station, air conditioning, AM FM stereo,
rear and front CAb CAM cameras, front and rear P.T.O.,
Three point hitch attachments for front and rear,
Hiab high lift knuckleboom crane, Pronovost PXPL-82
snow caster, 4 set of snow chains, Vrismo 8 foot flail mower, 8 foot Northwest
rototiller with bedding attachment, 12 foot flame dragon weeder,
monosem 12 row vacuum planter, Michigan Transplanter for tree transplants,
8 foot Rockland Rotoveyor rock picker, 4 bottom "On Land" Kverneland rotary plow with Weise
conservation tillage plow shares for 14 inch deep plowing, I will remember the rest later
some time, some day.

Been hitting the sauce a little early? :msp_tongue:

:laugh:

Funny you should mention that. You ever see the pics of the last time I trimmed my toes with the 361...? :D:redface:
You need at least a 125cc ported pro saw to trim toenails, certainly no homeowner saws could handle a job like that!

Sauce

...speaking of sauce ( recent post by an also afflicted ), am I the only one to get antsy when losing light this early ? When DST leaves us, it was around Halloween until TITK (Those in the Know ) decided to change it, darkness comes NOW. Damn, it's barely 1530 and light is gone. Time to put on the PJs and have the first drink of the evening. No ? No. Yes. :givebeer:

Poll requested: who among us stops work when it it gets dark ? Heads for the house and shower, and then, then has the first of a few alcoholic beverages ( gov't term for booze ) ? Who ?:cool2: Truth.

wood etc.

Been hitting the sauce a little early? :msp_tongue:

No and as a matter of fact the beer stockpile has been zero since before 1 November
and the wine is not done yet.

I was hoping to get a little warm fuzzy feeling of sympathy :msp_rolleyes::rock::msp_w00t::popcorn:

wood

...speaking of sauce ( recent post by an also afflicted ), am I the only one to get antsy when losing light this early ? When DST leaves us, it was around Halloween until TITK (Those in the Know ) decided to change it, darkness comes NOW. Damn, it's barely 1530 and light is gone. Time to put on the PJs and have the first drink of the evening. No ? No. Yes. :givebeer:

Poll requested: who among us stops work when it it gets dark ? Heads for the house and shower, and then, then has the first of a few alcoholic beverages ( gov't term for booze ) ? Who ?:cool2: Truth.

I can state freely you are not the only one to get antsy when it starts getting dark and
the ambition meter drops to near zero as the poor light makes for bad company when
working outside.

Its 16:04 here now and the lack of clouds are letting a bit more light in in the finger lakes
with a bit of snow in the forecast FWIW.:bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
Dark early... yup.. cold yup.. windy and stupid snow drifts.. I'm sick of winter already.. Wife got a new jeep and i get to wear my 4 years past worn out jacket (my best one no less). Not sure when work will pick up and The beer funds are down to two last cases of the stuff.. maybe someone will take pity on me and drop a case off for my bday the end of this month.. But with no fuel money my driveway wont be clear enough for a normal ride to get down.. Who in their right mind moved here to start with and decided this was a great place to live.. I'm thinking back to Texas for this frozen arse guy.. :dizzy: Take my dog's saw's and gun's and be done with the frozen tundra and this white dirt.. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My head aches and my back hurts and I don't feel like talking.

I am ready to scream!!!

Due to log splitter parts look up overload :help: I'm ready to go to bed. Did nothing at work today besides look at beam sizes, hose lengths, pump specs, cylinder specs and make handwritten diagrams. Why can't they make a pump/valve/cylinder with all the same port sizes??? $463 cylinder, $400 for fancy steel and a small 22GPM pump for $329 no problem.
After 8 hours of this I'm ready to buy one. :biggrinbounce2: When I wake up tomorrow it is back to my; only saw is a 026 parts saw, I don't heat with wood whats the price of propane:eek2:, and there still is a few 36in dia knotted twisted pine rounds to sledge/wedge.

Brian

Last edited:
Dark early... yup.. cold yup.. windy and stupid snow drifts.. I'm sick of winter already.. Wife got a new jeep and i get to wear my 4 years past worn out jacket (my best one no less). Not sure when work will pick up and The beer funds are down to two last cases of the stuff.. maybe someone will take pity on me and drop a case off for my bday the end of this month.. But with no fuel money my driveway wont be clear enough for a normal ride to get down.. Who in their right mind moved here to start with and decided this was a great place to live.. I'm thinking back to Texas for this frozen arse guy.. :dizzy: Take my dog's saw's and gun's and be done with the frozen tundra and this white dirt.. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

your dog has saws and guns? Now that's redneck!

Harry K

Starter's out on the M Farmall I use to run the log splitter, was supposed to be done today, shop owner is goin hunting so I might not see it till December now. At least I'm cuttin some nice oak and just bought a Fiskars... I can park it on the hill and run it if I need to, just need a helper to pull start it from where it's at right now (Pizz poor planning on my part).

Quittin smokin suxs mentally, but physically it's great...

Hell, life ain't so bad after all I guess!

Besides that, it's cold enough here now that I can open the throttle a bit on the big wood furnace in the basement and not have to choke it off into creosoteville and clean the chimney every other week!

Garminsdad, don't head south yet, a few days in a fish house on a frozen lake when the crappies are bitin will cure any urge to go south for the winter, if any urge remains, bring a fryin pan and some dry wood on the next trip and have some fresh caught pan fried fillets over an open fire. If that don't cure it, pack the car, I can't help ya.

I'm ahearin' whiny BANJOS :looser:

Where are you Ned Beatty ???????????????????????????

Garminsdad, don't head south yet, a few days in a fish house on a frozen lake when the crappies are bitin will cure any urge to go south for the winter, if any urge remains, bring a fryin pan and some dry wood on the next trip and have some fresh caught pan fried fillets over an open fire. If that don't cure it, pack the car, I can't help ya.

I don't fish.. never have.. just hunt.. This white dirt is enough to drive me around the bend.. :angry: The county still hasn't plowed the road.. I wonder how long the person is going to leave their car in the drift at the corner. No one in it last night or i would have pulled em out. People drive like aholes here as soon as it snows they do 20 in a 60 zone. Maybe (wife says no maybe about it) i just drive like a crazy fool in the winter dunno.. Is it spring yet?

White Dirt

I don't fish.. never have.. just hunt.. This white dirt is enough to drive me around the bend.. :angry: The county still hasn't plowed the road.. I wonder how long the person is going to leave their car in the drift at the corner. No one in it last night or i would have pulled em out. People drive like aholes here as soon as it snows they do 20 in a 60 zone. Maybe (wife says no maybe about it) i just drive like a crazy fool in the winter dunno.. Is it spring yet?

Now there is a worthy whine ( we may burst into "Oh Canada" :msp_scared: ). :clap::clap:

"White dirt" indeed....good call.:cold:

P.S. Do Albertans ( correct ?) also begin the evening drink NOW, at sundown ? PJs as UOTD in upper latitudes ?

Last edited:
Here's my latest whine:

attachment.php

I got that bugger on Thursday, and I couldn't post it last night because AS was down.:cry:

View attachment 207734

Latest posts

Back