The Stihl I'm waiting for: MS462C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just converted what some people have paid in Sweeden and by the MSRP on Stihls UK site. I hope its close to the 461 in price. Ive been dying to get a 461 since I got to handle one. The 461 is one of the best balanced saws I've ever handled, and I think I'd take it over a 362. So I know the 462 , weighing in the 60cc saw weight class, will handle like a 50cc and still rape wood fibers like a 70cc should.
Foreign market prices have no bearing at all on U.S. prices.

There is a guy in our Stihl FB group that just got one for 1200 Euros. They are saying it's cheaper than the 461. If it's $1100 or so, I will own it.
I gave €1100 for the 462 with a 25" bar and instead I could have had the 461 with 30" bar for €950 and a 661 with 36" for €1050 so it's quite expensive and it stihl needs a full wrap

I'm on the market for a 70cc saw. Man I'd love to know how much this will cost and when it will be available. :envy:

I'm not in a huge hurry so I might wait and see what happens. Even if I end up with a 441 it might be cheaper.

Anyone know why it's not being sold in the US for so long?

I'm on the market for a 70cc saw. Man I'd love to know how much this will cost and when it will be available. :envy:

I'm not in a huge hurry so I might wait and see what happens. Even if I end up with a 441 it might be cheaper.

Anyone know why it's not being sold in the US for so long?

Not sure about why they are waiting. I was drooling on a 461 at my dealer before I started following this saw. Now I'm going to wait it out.

The 572XP is a close comparison. Go checkout "sweedishhomestead" on YouTube. They have tested the 462 and 572.

Edit: my dumbass had typed 372 instead of 572.

Never cut any beech but I would expect it to be harder than the hammers of hell.

I know that if you try to climb a beech, all you need to support your weight are branches of about 3/8" diameter...seems to have the shear strength of steel

Never cut any beech but I would expect it to be harder than the hammers of hell.

I know that if you try to climb a beech, all you need to support your weight are branches of about 3/8" diameter...seems to have the shear strength of steel
and weight

Back