The Stihl I'm waiting for: MS462C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if I end up with a 441 it might be cheaper.

That is how I ended up with my 441R C-M, I wanted the 462, but I could no longer wait around for an unknown release date. I can't imagine the 462 would be any cheaper than the current 461 which floats around $1100 list at dealers. I am willing to bet that it'll be around $1200-1250 and I'd be willing to wager that the 500 FI saw will sit around $1500.

It's all good bringing out new technology on saws when it works, I'll never have a fuel injected saw because I see it as overkill competition between major saw brands, at the end of the day what was wrong with the last generation of saw? Stihl hit the head right on the nail with the likes of the 461 660 etc

Technology is great....I wish Stihl would use some very simply tech to figure out how to designate their saw model names.
What about "MS462" tell you it has 70cc's. Or 661 has 92?
I get that traditionally we know this now(4 series=70cc vs 6 series=90.. etc)...... but the 500 comes along soon and wtF ??
With this next Generation of saws Stihl really could simplify the cryptology :p
Rant done.

Whatever the price is for the MS462 the first 6 months of any new Stihl model is always less expensive than the next 6 months when they raise the prices. Buy early.

Not to be a party pooper, but I am willing to wager that we won't even see it this year.

Im kinda over wanting the next best thing and its flat ugly.
If i ever had a tree business or cleared alot of trees off lots one might be added but if those jobs did come up the current saws are available and drag a chain through wood just the same as the 044-461 do and can make money right now.

Emissions will continue to force advances on the market aswell as the guys with saw disorders. The rest of us will use what weve got and make more money. Though it is cool stepping back at watching it happen

If i ever had a tree business or cleared alot of trees off lots one might be added but if those jobs did come up the current saws are available and drag a chain through wood just the same as the 044-461 do and can make money right now.

Emissions will continue to force advances on the market aswell as the guys with saw disorders. The rest of us will use what weve got and make more money. Though it is cool stepping back at watching it happen

I'm very impatient. So it will be a miracle if I don't get a 441 or 461 before the 462 gets here.

And loggers would still be falling with aces and we would all be getting around in a horse and cart.
As the owner of a tree business we embrace new equipment, if a new tool can make things quicker, safer, more productive less strain on the body why not use it!!

Technology is great....I wish Stihl would use some very simply tech to figure out how to designate their saw model names.
What about "MS462" tell you it has 70cc's. Or 661 has 92?
I get that traditionally we know this now(4 series=70cc vs 6 series=90.. etc)...... but the 500 comes along soon and wtF ??
With this next Generation of saws Stihl really could simplify the cryptology :p
Rant done.

I agree, though I will point out that the ms500 is supposed to be pretty close to 5.0 cubic inches, so that's a start anyway. Personally, I'm kinda confused as to why Stihl would develop the 462 and the 500 so closely together in time, but what do I know?

I agree, though I will point out that the ms500 is supposed to be pretty close to 5.0 cubic inches, so that's a start anyway. Personally, I'm kinda confused as to why Stihl would develop the 462 and the 500 so closely together in time, but what do I know?

The 462 is a real tool. I think the 500i is just to prove they can. King of the hill kind of thing.

Back