The Tips Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey sport, thought of couple more; I always return with the grapple not quite all the way up, don't bang around as bad. if she falls in don't keep foolin with it till it's buryed stop and get help. they hard to get out when totally stuc bad. keep up the good work dude. :msp_biggrin:

How goes it?

Not too bad. That ####s scary sometimes with the steep stuff. Was out in the rain without my rainjacket like an idiot and caught a cold. Unfortunately today was the ####tiest day weather wise in a while so i get to be sick and look like a shirker:(

Yeah, snow level way down, dang near to the valley floor this morning.

You need some fancy tin pants and a jacket so you don't have to remember the crappy rubber gear.

Hmmmm...can you walk?

Yeah, i guess i figured running a skidder with a head full of cold mung was a bad call

Yeah, snow level way down, dang near to the valley floor this morning.

You need some fancy tin pants and a jacket so you don't have to remember the crappy rubber gear.

I know man, damn tin jackets are about a few mortgage payments

LOL...My Dad was amazing. When I got to be about twelve he started getting really dumb. On into my teens he got dumber, and more stodgy, and more old fashioned, and more critical and less willing to change with every passing year.
He hit his absolute low about the time I got out of high school and nothing he said or did made much sense or was listened to, either.

But, funny thing...as I got into my 20s he started getting smarter again. Every year from then on he got progressively more intelligent and the things he said and did made more sense. His criticism was just his way of explaining what was wrong and being slow to change was just caution and good judgement. He wasn't really dumb, he just didn't believe in talking if he had nothing to say.

By the time I was in my 40s I realized that the man was a genius. Well, maybe not a genius, but he sure turned out to have been right about a lot of things. Right about most things, really.
Occasionally he'd remind me of that, too.

LOL...My Dad was amazing. When I got to be about twelve he started getting really dumb. On into my teens he got dumber, and more stodgy, and more old fashioned, and more critical and less willing to change with every passing year.
He hit his absolute low about the time I got out of high school and nothing he said or did made much sense or was listened to, either.

But, funny thing...as I got into my 20s he started getting smarter again. Every year from then on he got progressively more intelligent and the things he said and did made more sense. His criticism was just his way of explaining what was wrong and being slow to change was just caution and good judgement. He wasn't really dumb, he just didn't believe in talking if he had nothing to say.

By the time I was in my 40s I realized that the man was a genius. Well, maybe not a genius, but he sure turned out to have been right about a lot of things. Right about most things, really.
Occasionally he'd remind me of that, too.

Your post made me smile and is so true .....very well put and well just brought back memories

Mine died when I was 21. He had his good points. We didnt get along to well but I have to say that I do look back and think of what he would have done in certain situations.

Back