The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it on good information that Stumpy is enrolling in a Martha Stewart "Design Living" class to assist with the rebuilding of his shop.

The class will emphasize "space management" and "toolbox aesthetics."

martha stewart is better then horders show:D:D:D

82096719.gif

so thats what stumpy looks like :D:D:D:D

Well I got a 090av going on eBay tomorrow. It will go through Masterminds eBay account. I will send a $100 now and if the sale goes really well I could possibly send more. I might even start sending my saws to you Stumpy (that Mastermind character is kinda shady). Just kidding Randy. I love the guys on this site. For example: Randy has my 090, worked on it and is selling it under his account. I have never met Randy in person, have only had one phone call with him and several PM's...yet I trust him with the sale of my saw???? Where else does this happen? I don't know you Stumpy and regardless of the type of guy you are, you still need help. I have been on the receiving end and now I get to be on the giving end. Prayers have been sent out as well. I don't know how old your children are but we have a lot of "young children" stuff to give away if you need any of it.

MIKE

MechanicMatt
Can someone please PM me stumps mailing address, my wife and I want to send him and his family a Christmas Card.

same here i need his address to please send it to me in a PM. and i'll try to find some other stuff to send with the bar as well

PM Worksawcollector for Stump's address. I should have it, but can't find it at the moment .

Bloody common thief.:D

:msp_sneaky:

Well I got a 090av going on eBay tomorrow. It will go through Masterminds eBay account. I will send a $100 now and if the sale goes really well I could possibly send more. I might even start sending my saws to you Stumpy (that Mastermind character is kinda shady). Just kidding Randy. I love the guys on this site. For example: Randy has my 090, worked on it and is selling it under his account. I have never met Randy in person, have only had one phone call with him and several PM's...yet I trust him with the sale of my saw???? Where else does this happen? I don't know you Stumpy and regardless of the type of guy you are, you still need help. I have been on the receiving end and now I get to be on the giving end. Prayers have been sent out as well. I don't know how old your children are but we have a lot of "young children" stuff to give away if you need any of it.

MIKE

Here's a thread on Mike's saw.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/187531.htm

Stump, what's needed at this point to get the work flowing again? What's this little workspace need to start pumping out saws?

Just need a lil time. A friend of mine is gonna come up with a breaker box. I gotta wire it, put some plywood up on the inside walls, move my compressor over to it, & git everything hooked up. With the help from this place I have enough funds to git this done in short order. My next step is to git my tools cleaned up & organized. I think I've got a tool chest located. Next will be to re-supply my porting equipment. I think most of that is located as well.

I'm really in no position to be picky, but I'd rather pick out my own tools. I think most will understand that. So sending a bunch of tools my way will be appreciated but unnessacary. Especially since the Stumpshack will limit me on space.

My main priority is to make sure bills are handled. So my tool purchases will be thought out cafefully to git the best bang fer my buck.

My inventory I think has been brought up also. I didn't keep a large inventory so that will not be a big deal. I'll just have to restock some common use items for the time being. My Oregon distributor only takes 1 day for me to receive parts. Stens is a day and a half, and forester is around 4. I'll cross that bridge when I git there.

Just need a lil time. A friend of mine is gonna come up with a breaker box. I gotta wire it, put some plywood up on the inside walls, move my compressor over to it, & git everything hooked up. With the help from this place I have enough funds to git this done in short order. My next step is to git my tools cleaned up & organized. I think I've got a tool chest located. Next will be to re-supply my porting equipment. I think most of that is located as well.

I'm really in no position to be picky, but I'd rather pick out my own tools. I think most will understand that. So sending a bunch of tools my way will be appreciated but unnessacary. Especially since the Stumpshack will limit me on space.

My main priority is to make sure bills are handled. So my tool purchases will be thought out cafefully to git the best bang fer my buck.

My inventory I think has been brought up also. I didn't keep a large inventory so that will not be a big deal. I'll just have to restock some common use items for the time being. My Oregon distributor only takes 1 day for me to receive parts. Stens is a day and a half, and forester is around 4. I'll cross that bridge when I git there.

Thats great Stumpy!!:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

I might be alone on this, but man, working in a tight space takes utilizing every trick you know. I, personally, would be considering as much pegboard as possible on those walls. Waist height up if you got short stuff pressed against the walls, and floor to ceiling if you have an open wall. then buy yourself a ton of those assorted hooks and hanging bins and maybe even some good old bailing wire!

As for needing time? I can't do much other than pray to help you with that one!

what about 7/16 chip board/waffer board/osb what ever it is called these days I got some let me know

I might be alone on this, but man, working in a tight space takes utilizing every trick you know. I, personally, would be considering as much pegboard as possible on those walls. Waist height up if you got short stuff pressed against the walls, and floor to ceiling if you have an open wall. then buy yourself a ton of those assorted hooks and hanging bins and maybe even some good old bailing wire!

As for needing time? I can't do much other than pray to help you with that one!

I work in a 200 sq ft shop. The trick is to be organized............and a #### load of shelves. :laugh:

Okay I sold all the bars to members here. Thanks Hedgerow, Denny M and DSS. I think I raised around 200 bucks with those 5 bars too so thanks again guys! :rock:

Stumpman, hope it helps a little. I'll try to help more when I can. Good luck getting the shop set up.

Last edited:
Stumpy I just caught this thread. I wasn't on last night, so just saw it. I am real sorry. You are a new found friend, and if I can help PM Me anytime. Or anybody else with idea's or need's. I don't have money right now, but could help in other way's, or come up with a donation for raffle or whatever.

My makeshift shop will be 8'x10'. I built it a few years ago as a chicken coup. after we got rid of the chickens I raised dogs in it. Then it was my wifes storage shed. Now it will be the new home of Stumpys Customs.

Heck, up here, we'd have cut holes in the floor and towed it out on the lake for a fish shack by now!

Seriously, I think a small shop is easier to deal with in some ways. It forces ya to stay neat, organized and working on only one or two projects at a time. I have crap spread out over 2 sheds, a garage and the basement. Think I need to move my saw shop into a garden shed myself!

Just need a lil time. A friend of mine is gonna come up with a breaker box.

Stumpy, I've got 100s of breakers here. If you need any breakers, let me know the brand and amperage 120/240 I've got just about everything. I'm glad your getting your sense of humor back and getting a shop up and running.
Kevin

I'm heading to the post office monday to get some gaskets out for some peeps in the xmas thread, I'd be more than happy to send out some breakers, gfci's, switches and some single gang boxes. I've also got 90' of 10-3 if that would help get the chicken coop fed temporarily. Don't be shy now, I don't need this stuff. I'm a hoarder, you'd be helping me out.

Last edited:
I can't believe how long it has taken me to get to the end of this thread. You guys are amazing!

I have had the pleasure of meeting Stumpy twice and outside of the fact he drinks some nasty ass whiskey, he is a truly great guy and I am privileged to call him my friend.

I would like to put up my JD 80EV up for sale to help the cause. A much more knowledgeable member than me put the value at around $250. What would be the best way to get the most money for Stump? I'd sure prefer to sell it here or put it into the raffle but if eBay is the best choice, I could put it up there.

Latest posts

Back