The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure was fun wasn't it Jim. I only wish that I didn't have to leave early. Looking forward to next year already. Maybe we can get Stumpy to come up and visit us in Iowa. JR

I remember them rolls, very fondly, as a matter of fact. Thank you again.

Sure was fun wasn't it Jim. I only wish that I didn't have to leave early. Looking forward to next year already. Maybe we can get Stumpy to come up and visit us in Iowa. JR

Whiskey and bacon... Those are the magic items used to lure the elusive Strumpet to a GTG... Without them, you might be just spittin' into the wind...

Good to see things are coming around bro. I just fixed up with you for some bars that Anthony donated. Keep your chin up.:rock:

All good here with the muffler and (bar and chains).
Had A LOT of work with her besides just a couple holes.
And last night was are anniversary so the bride made get cleaned up for the evening!!!

Brad I am sending NOS bar and new chains.
Hate to see the saw tested with them.
Sure you got some hangin around for that.

If I get off on time I will check back this evening.
Every one seems to want there power on!! LOL

Hey stumpy, if I fix up the old Poulan 3000 series... and send that your way when you can accommodate it, would you want it?

I reckon a guy like you might actually like the saw... especially ported and muff modded...

I might drop the base gasket as well...

What do you think?

Hey stumpy, if I fix up the old Poulan 3000 series... and send that your way when you can accommodate it, would you want it?

I reckon a guy like you might actually like the saw... especially ported and muff modded...

What do you think?

If he doesn't have room for it there is always a place in Kentucky...............:D

J/K Stump.....I wouldn't REALLY try to cabbage on your best saw!

Mike

What do you think?

Sounds cool to me. I'll do somthing with it. Would be a neat project.

If he doesn't have room for it there is always a place in Kentucky...............:D

J/K Stump.....I wouldn't REALLY try to cabbage on your best saw!

Mike

LOL, It would go good with my other "orange poulans".:msp_biggrin:

First pics of the raffle McCulloch 10-10A

photobucket-5469-1326687834437.jpg

photobucket-5612-1326688051608.jpg

photobucket-6939-1326687784133.jpg

photobucket-1297-1326687804969.jpg

Gave it a good cleaning. Will do a bit more yet before it goes out. Cleaned all the crap out from under the flywheel cover, clutch cover, in the carb box, around the fins and coil, etc. Blew out the AF. Cleaned out the recoil mechanism, repaired the starter spring by heating and rebending the end. Burned my finger in the process (d'oh!) Installed a new rope. Works much better now that it rewinds as it should.................and no longer has an 18" rope.

Compression is VERY good. Don't have a gauge ATM. Now it's waiting on a new loop of chain from 8433Jeff, and some small bits from Duke Thieroff (gas cap, rear handle insert, etc). I'll put a carb kit in it sometime in the next few days. It starts and runs now, but fresh diaphragms won't hurt. Bar is a 16" McCulloch branded hardnose .058G bar that's in good shape. Most of the paint and logos remain. The # on it coresponds to the OEM bar listed in the IPL.

Color doesn't look the same as what's in the pic. Turned more 'yellow' in the pic for some reason. Only broken bit is a small bit missing from the lower right corner edge of the clutch cover (second pic). Won't hurt anything. There's a few light corrosion spots and some paint knocked/rubbed off............but overall it's a good solid low-time saw that will be a good fun runner for somebody. It has a good rim drive drum too. I'll post a pic or two when the chain is on and I've finished cleaning.

The saw is a Model 600002U 10-10A with an 11 serial # prefix. That puts it between 1970 and 1972. Here's a link for the IPL.

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/McC...0002U_MAC_10_10A_12_70_to_05_72_IPL_92374.pdf

Thanks man nice pics.

Gave it a good cleaning. Will do a bit more yet before it goes out. Cleaned all the crap out from under the flywheel cover, clutch cover, in the carb box, around the fins and coil, etc. Blew out the AF. Cleaned out the recoil mechanism, repaired the starter spring by heating and rebending the end. Burned my finger in the process (d'oh!) Installed a new rope. Works much better now that it rewinds as it should.................and no longer has an 18" rope.

Compression is VERY good. Don't have a gauge ATM. Now it's waiting on a new loop of chain from 8433Jeff, and some small bits from Duke Thieroff (gas cap, rear handle insert, etc). I'll put a carb kit in it sometime in the next few days. It starts and runs now, but fresh diaphragms won't hurt. Bar is a 16" McCulloch branded hardnose .058G bar that's in good shape. Most of the paint and logos remain. The # on it coresponds to the OEM bar listed in the IPL.

Color doesn't look the same as what's in the pic. Turned more 'yellow' in the pic for some reason. Only broken bit is a small bit missing from the lower right corner edge of the clutch cover (second pic). Won't hurt anything. There's a few light corrosion spots and some paint knocked/rubbed off............but overall it's a good solid low-time saw that will be a good fun runner for somebody. It has a good rim drive drum too. I'll post a pic or two when the chain is on and I've finished cleaning.

The saw is a Model 600002U 10-10A with an 11 serial # prefix. That puts it between 1970 and 1972. Here's a link for the IPL.

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/McC...0002U_MAC_10_10A_12_70_to_05_72_IPL_92374.pdf

Repped.

Got 2 of the three... "The Man" won't let me hit Stephen for a while...
Always conspiring to keep me down... :msp_angry:

Thanks man nice pics.

I got both of ya' 'cause "The Man" wasn't lookin' my way........That, and the fact that I am a self admitted repper of illrepute(Rep Ho)..........LOL!!!!!

snip...

Just out of curiosity, you didn't happen to use the Zama C2 I sent you on that 10-10, or did you?

If my carb is on there, I will probably buy some tickets... if not, I might buy tickets anyhow. :)

Latest posts

Back