they'll learn me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gord

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i'm off to take day one of the two day climbing skills course with arbormaster training. they're going to teach me how to climb trees. if it was out of my own pocket i wouldn't likely be going but it's not so i'm reallly looking forward to it. should be interesting at the very least and i expect to learn some new tips and tricks. and nice to not have to really do work for a coupla days. :D

i'll take some pictures of OPG if that's not frowned upon and post them for all.

My groundie is going to the one in Longmont tomorrow. Its a good course. One of the guys we sub for paid half, so my Groundie is gettin a pretty good deal. They arnt cheap, but they are worth every penny.

Kenn

Hey Gord
I said the same thing and I meant it!
If I had to pay noway!
Now I would gladly pay it was fun and I did learn a lot.
I took precsion felling and thought I new it all being third generation in treework and all probably made me a expert!:D
NOT,
Learned a ton and glad I was still alive to try some proper techniques!
Enjoy!
Keep us posted!
Later
John

Gord, let me know what you think of it, I was going to take it but Bill at Pacific Arborist said he is coming up with a bunch of in house course stuff. I might take it in the Spring when they come back depending on what Bill comes up with.

It will be a cold day in hell before I give nutstabber or palmjobber any money they are two of the most egotistical putzs I have ever met and next time kenny girl pulls that stunt like he did in Sac. I may not care about proffessional imgage.

Originally posted by wiley_p
It will be a cold day in hell before I give nutstabber or palmjobber any money they are two of the most egotistical putzs I have ever met and next time kenny girl pulls that stunt like he did in Sac. I may not care about proffessional imgage.

Welllll...now that we know how you really feel about them :) Care to detail what went on in Sac? I'm assuming you mean something at last spring's west coast TCIA Expo...

its a long ongoing dislike for their program that keeps the fire burning inside and it too bad because they are in a position to really make a difference in our industry. but it would seem if you don't get on your knees and cntinually look at them with adoration they become cross. I sat and watched the demo that they put onwih their sweetgum removal watched Robert Philips (who is a great teacher and will take time to go over the most basic of concepts until it is understood.) Anyway I was getting the codes for the shows that seminars that I had attended and Palmer snatched the paper out of my hand and accused me of lying. How's that work for you. Anyone who knows me realizes that those kind of things tend to throw my world off its axis. not to mention they are kind of closeminded about some not all of their applications, Don't get me wrong I utilize alot of what they have given to the industry, But should they be teaching falling techniques I don't knowabout that one and should they respect the folks who attend and ask questions of them you bet.

Originally posted by wiley_p

ha nice one to many primadonas in trainer land :D

A cocky climbing instructor?

I'll never believe THAT!
aaf_wink.gif

Anyway I was getting the codes for the shows that seminars that I had attended and Palmer snatched the paper out of my hand and accused me of lying.

Lying about what? You were getting the code numbers for the CEUs? Did Ken accuse you of not attending the seminars that you had written down.

Agreed, Robert does a nice job of teaching.

Back