Think I can hotwire it...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuzzy

Trail Gnome
Reaction score
:hmm3grin2orange:

Was working in the garage on my jeep today when this pulled in to the lot next door

DSC07313Medium.jpg

DSC07314Medium.jpg

Wasn't a surprise though. I'd talked with the forester a few months back who was involved. Apparently while the lot is for sale, the owners have some deal worked out with a third party who has organized this company to do some woodlot management. In order to make more room and light for the future harvestable trees, they will be going through clearing all the brush, smaller less desirable trees, and dead. Today was building the path for the skidder. They'll be chipping most of it for pulp I believe . Should be an interesting process to watch.

Lurking in the woods

DSC07317Medium.jpg

Making it's way

DSC07319Medium.jpg

DSC07320Medium.jpg

Everyone likes stump shots right? :D

DSC07324Medium.jpg

Sure is an awesome machine

DSC07325Medium.jpg

Damn attachment is near twice my height

DSC07328Medium.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Looks to be round ground full chisel :laugh:

DSC07327Medium.jpg

DSC07333Medium.jpg

I really want this sticker for my CTD

DSC07331Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the shaky shots at first but I was zoomed in and moving. Kinda wanted to keep my distance not knowing where the fall zones were :D

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i159.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/yzzun/MOV07316sm.flv">

don't need to hotwire it. All CAT keys are the same. get one on ebay for a couple bucks. then DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Never thought I would say it but dang....I sure miss operating heavy equipment! I ran a loader that size, bigger and smaller. 1000's hours in Bobcats, skidders with rail attachements etc.

Nothing like wrecking stuff on a bigger scale!

Man, that looks like fun! Those machines can't be all that common around here.

I wonder if they found a meth lab back in them woods?

never seen one that clean around here! ours must be well used.when they clear cut my property they used one of these machines the first few trees were really cool looked like they were walking due to not seeing the machine.only down side is they do alot of destruction to the land thats a pita to clean up.

I'm interested to see how this turns out... There's a chance my (to-be) mother in law may buy that property if the sellers will take a lowball offer. It's 20 acres which was originally a part of our 6 with the house. The sellers divided it to make the house more sellable. However, now that prop has been for sale for a few years and I know it's not paid off...

Anyways, we'd be stoked to have it as family property which is why I'm very curious how it'll end up. Would be kind of neat if they did all the work to make the woodlot grow better and then we swooped in with a purchase. Wondering though if there is some sort of contract on the trees that would muddy a sale...? Can't imagine though since the listing doesn't mention any caveats.

Cool pics!
Hopefully they do a clean job. Some of the supposed forestry jobs I've seen around here are a masacre, They drop off one or two of them monsters off and whomp the crap out of 100acres and you can hardly walk thru the twisted up mess of devistation. On the other hand it might be a way to get the property cheaper if it's messed up some, and there probably with be a bunch of firewood to clean up too!

Cool pictures and video, thanks for sharing. Those trees looked fairly young, what kind were they, maple? Give em' 15-20 years and they will be ready to be harvested.

Woke up to this this morning

DSC07341Medium.jpg

DSC07343Medium.jpg

Then snapped a few more once I got back home

DSC07346Medium.jpg

DSC07349Medium.jpg

DSC07348Medium.jpg

DSC07356Medium.jpg

They ain't kidding when they said they're clearing the area for the better trees...

DSC07352Medium.jpg

DSC07353Medium.jpg

Should be pretty cool to walk through the opened up woods once it settles back down though.

Wow, looks like a pretty clean job so far. Sucks to see nice firewood going thru a chipper though!

Back