think we might have enough wood for now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
PAYDIRT,,,my neighbor dhibbs75 and i have been hauling these logs for firewood. his brother inlaw is clearing 2 acres of woods and he is piling the logs for us to get. they are already cut and debranched. all we have to do is load and haul them. this is 5 loads of logs total. the wood that is cut up we hauled a few weeks ago and my wife and i got them cut. the logs is 3 more loads. before it is over this pile will more then double. we have a huge oak tree to drop and bring home.the only thing it is costing us is time and fuel. like it is said you can't have enough fire wood. both of us each already have 2 years stacked and seasoned. we are using his 24 foot goose neck trailor and his dodge truck with a cummins desiel,, this red truck is his,, we used it to pull the logs off the trailor. we are wondering if we have enough wood for a year or 2....anyone close to us wants to try out a new saw or rebuilt saw we have enough to try them out on..:hmm3grin2orange:
001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005.jpg

Hey that's a nice haul! I agree with try these other guys get the wood when you can. I have piles everywhere, when I run out of room I'll have the crop farmer leave me out another acre and I'll start piling it there!!

Hey that's a nice haul! I agree with try these other guys get the wood when you can. I have piles everywhere, when I run out of room I'll have the crop farmer leave me out another acre and I'll start piling it there!!

i volunteer for the local hospital where my wife works,,she works for the hospice part. and there has been times a patient doesn't have the money for firewood and that is their only heat source so i like to keep extra for any patient that might need some.

"I'd guess 4 cord or so.... "

Looks more like two good handfuls if you ask me.:dizzy:

Rob

"I'd guess 4 cord or so.... "

Looks more like two good handfuls if you ask me.:dizzy:

Rob

You mean enough for the morning?

:hmm3grin2orange:

Great find! Congratulation! I might be the first to admit but I am a little envious. So much engine time.

I'm jealous of you for the bare logs.

THE singularly WORST part of firewooding for me is delimbing and clearing brush away after the tree hits the ground. Time consuming, tiring and annoying.

Latest posts

Back