Thinking about switching from wood to pellet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input! Some good points were made about power outages, but I have my bases covered on that situation. I do have a generator, and I failed to mention, I still have a wood stove in another room that's hooked up and I use it on those back to back teens and single digit days during the winter. It's a Morso Squirrel stove, small stove, old dirty burner, but it does pump out the heat! I was going to burn up the wood next year and switch to pellets the following year, but I think I might save the wood for the back up stove, and switch to pellets this up coming winter. I'm real happy with the support people at England stove works, and there products seem to be top notch! They have a model pellet stove, 25 PAH, that has a long burn time, and thermostat controlled. I will still research the heck out of this before the decision is made! Thanks again guys, this is gonna be tough, I love wood heat!

I have been around a few of them and here's my advise ; Ive owned a us stove model and know of some others who do as well . The us stove models are all junk and eat pellets .i know of 3 people who have the big model 2,000 sq ft Englander pellet burner and love it . At work I use one every day and it's quality and easy to work on if needed and made in virginia with good tech support . Don't mess around just buy the Englander it throws heat and on low is stingy on pellets . A good pellet stove uses a screw to drive the pellets into the burn pot and that push motion forces the ash and cinders out of the pot to refresh it with new fuel ... But the junk ones drop the pellets out of a hole above the pot and they just kinda plug up the pot and ashes accumulate it has no where to go and just heaps up and burns like crap. Englander dollar for dollar is your best deal

Latest posts

Back