thinking of new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got rid of my MS290 and picked up an MS260 with an 18" bar. It cuts so much faster than the MS290 and is much lighter. Great little saw.

You just learned the difference between professional level saw design and construction and homeowner or occasional use chainsaws. The difference is apparent after you have some trigger time with both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot, you're still in stage one of CAD. You're still buying runners. Wait until the disease progresses and you start filling your garage with "projects". I have somewhere around a dozen now, and only two of them are problem free ready to go to the woods.
Thanks for helping me stay at stage one Tim :laugh:.

You can get a used MS 361 like mine for much less than a 362. I just worked on a 5-year-old 362. The dealer quoted a repair price of $450 because he wanted to replace the ignition module. Owner gave the saw to me for analysis. Turns out that the black wire from the IM to to the plug was disconnected. I refastened it and the saw ran perfectly. I did some more servicing, but the owner admits that he owes me a few beers.

Once again, I like my MS361 and doubt that I will ever sell it. After at least 300 hours of operation since early 2008, it still runs very well. I think I changed the fuel filter in 2014. That's about it.

Shoot, you're still in stage one of CAD. You're still buying runners. Wait until the disease progresses and you start filling your garage with "projects". I have somewhere around a dozen now, and only two of them are problem free ready to go to the woods.

You must be a Stihl guy :)
I have 4 Huskys, and they ALL RUN GREAT ;)
The 23 Compact and 266XP are 25 years old, that 266, starts first pull more often than not.
The 460 Rancher I bought used has a #8 scratched into the plastic, I don't know it's history, but never been a problem starting or running.
The 3120XP I recently bought, once I figured out to IGNORE the manual regarding using the throttle lock when starting, it rarely takes more than a couple pulls.

I don't know about others, but when I'm throwinv rocks, the targets aren't Huskey Orange:buttkick:

Doug

Back