This dude uses an 880 in the tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk about overkill. It's just a waste when that much bar sticks out the opposite side. And don't anyone tell me he has complete control over that machine in the air like that. No way.

Guy looked pretty green in the beginning with all those gay snap cuts...not to mention the tiny little pieces.

I was surprized to see he actually knows how to make a box though, (once we finally got there) to bad everything stabbed into the ground instead of landing flat like its supposed to.

Other than that and his lanyard looking too long, therefore making him look awkward from time to time... guys definately strong, I'll give him that.

Oh yeah, and the first saw looked dull too.

He obviously just bought that big saw for this tree, probably didnt have another bar and chain combo for it yet.

660 is all that you need... actually not even...

I have used a 660 in a tree more than I care to imagine... then I bought my own 441 so I never had to do it again... No one who has been taught how to bore cut would bother to carry that thing up there... I can't even imagine how he got it started up there, I have enough trouble keeping them running and going on the ground let alone up in the air...

My two cents...

Ash:):)

Last edited:
As soon as I tried to hang that monster on my saddle, It would have pulled my pants right off my skinny a@#, He's got to be strong just to get that saw up to make the back cut.

Even if that guy chose the wrong saw , credit is due he is strong and just carrying that saw on my belt would wear me out , I can't stand running the 66 out of the bucket , but that's me and I am a baby ..

So the way he makes snap cuts...is that "normal"? Is that the way you snap when the trunk/branch has just a bit of lean to it and is not vertical?

Why make the snap cuts? A saw like that will just blow right through. Done that with a 288. Waste of time and effort.

He was using a 361 when making said snap cuts.

By the way, I ran my 25" bar on my 361 for the first time today. Was cutting through 24" diameter locust. It really surprised me...the 361 can run a 25 quite nicely, even though it's at it's upper limit.

Why make the snap cuts? A saw like that will just blow right through. Done that with a 288. Waste of time and effort.

He was using a 361 when making said snap cuts.

By the way, I ran my 25" bar on my 361 for the first time today. Was cutting through 24" diameter locust. It really surprised me...the 361 can run a 25 quite nicely, even though it's at it's upper limit.

Snap cutting is very rarely needed.

Latest posts

Back