This escalated quickly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man... there’s hours and hours of fun there!

I got a similar score one time & half the fun was staying up late reading about just wtf some of the saws were. Lots and lots of history in those old saws.

For sure, there’s a few I didn’t know anything about and it’s been fun figuring out what’s there. I’ve never really been into McCulloch saws but this guy was and it’s been cool learning about them.

Remington SL-4 it is.
bead808450f9ce528ca1b5349f70b493.jpg

51877f7d7a93bed946012e7557901288.jpg

Not terribly valuable but can be a reliable runner none the less.

Watch for sucking bar oil into the crankcase.

Remington SL-4 it is.
bead808450f9ce528ca1b5349f70b493.jpg

51877f7d7a93bed946012e7557901288.jpg

Not terribly valuable but can be a reliable runner none the less.

Watch for sucking bar oil into the crankcase.

This one might end up as a parts saw, something isn’t right inside it and I’m not sure with the rest of these I’m going to spend a ton of time on it.

This one might end up as a parts saw, something isn’t right inside it and I’m not sure with the rest of these I’m going to spend a ton of time on it.

Those have a rubber duckbill check to pressurize the oil tank to push oil to the bar mount.

Ten USD to a donut, it’s gone to tar and fed oil into the crankcase. [emoji37]

If it smokes like a diesel truck, while running, that’s what’s happened.

View attachment 675704 A friend of mines grandpa passed away and they were having an estate sale. I stopped by to say hi and was looking at a couple saws they had for sale. She told me there were several more in the barn. When we got there I was interested in a couple of them when she said, “$100 and they are all yours, all or nothing, we want them gone.” So here I am... there’s some junk in there, they all have compression. Now I guess I have to sort out what to keep and what to take to the trash.
NOTHING goes to the trash!!!!!!! As you can see by the replies.:surprised3:

Latest posts

Back