this is going down later this evening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This help?

attachment.php

attachment.php

fixed them

rotated on my computer then uploaded to photobucket. awesome tree. where in Idaho where these, guessing up north in the bonners ferry area due to all the moss on the tree

stihl sawing beat me to the photo rotate

Last edited:
don't even need windows photo viewer. could probly rotate on the cell phone. looks like the phone was held sideways to get the sideways pics.

also looks like the tree rolled left coming off the stump but still went down very well

Well thank you guys for doing that! I hope I get better at posting pictures.
It came off a little bit to the left. You really cant tell from the pictures but it is a pretty good side hill we are on.
Kind of in the Bonners Ferry area.
What part are you from?

probly about 5 hours east and alittle south of you

I see your into orange saws. picked this up awhile ago and haven't had the intrest to revive it yet

Last edited:
Nice saw doesn't look very beat up!! Is it a 288 or its old brother 181? Are you selling it?

Do you mean south and a little east like around the Ketchum area?

Oh and the tree was taken more west central area, I forgot how far north Bonners Ferry is.

Ketchumn is very close. Actually in Mtn home.

Tag on the saw says 281. I no little to nothing about these old huskies. Everything is for sale.

Psst - guys, take the saw selling talk to PMs before someone complains about non-sponsor selling.

Who said anything about selling? Read my SIG line.

I just find these saws interesting and may someday get around to working on it.

Read 4 pages about a nice takedown - that still hasn't happened? :msp_thumbdn:

Be patient. She's going down today. Or at least in this current moment we've got a plan to. Waiting for my daughter to get out of school then grabbing my saw and wedges to get go knock it down and buck it up. Also heard a 385xp may help buck so who knows maybe some racing

Be patient. She's going down today. Or at least in this current moment we've got a plan to. Waiting for my daughter to get out of school then grabbing my saw and wedges to get go knock it down and buck it up. Also heard a 385xp may help buck so who knows maybe some racing

These guys are ruthless, I apologize for their rude comments....bunch a filthy ingrate bastids.

Keep us posted, I knocked one off so I'm good :D

well shes on the ground. set the goprp just outside of the trees reach barely and just as this thread has gone the gopro was dead for the tree tipn over. but heres quick doing the back cut and tapping wedges.

im very rusty this face turned out looking like dog #### but she went down right where intended.

tree was also quite abit bigger then guestimated.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/csNMx5FG7lY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Face was final plunge cut out. Like I said chitty. I think its time to down a few firewood trees and get back to some good looking stumps. Pratt ashamed to share this one.
IMG_20130925_164128_598_zpsaa0f4762.jpg

IMG_20130925_180830_572_zps74d81988.jpg

IMG_20130925_202336_zpse50d0e3b.jpg

the 385 did do some bucking and man my 066 walks all over it . I did some carb tweaking on the 385 to try and get the best performance. also felt the guys chain was pulling like it should so many varibles but with both saws cutting wood past theyre 32" bars my 066 was handing it to hard core like making the cut in half to time. but I think if I sharpend the chain on 385 it would cut considerably faster.. 385 was running stihl semi skip and om running Oregon full skip with rakers set to fileplate and cutter freehand. do no know how the 385 is sharpend

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back