This Makes Me Sick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOLF_RIVER_MIKE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I cut down a nice red oak at my Dad's this afternoon. The tree died over the winter. Beautiful wood, about 20" at the butt, perfect stove wood. Bucked it to 18". WXP made quick enjoyable work of that. Then... of course, comes the task of hauling and loading. Well, we've had a bit of a cold snap here and it's only about 88. Not enough clouds to make the sun go away. I get home, and have an e-mail from my brother in Oregon. He lives in Bend (4000 ft elevation) and has sent me the weather forcast. Check it out...

CENTRAL OREGON-NORTH CENTRAL OREGON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF BEND...DUFUR...LA PINE...MADRAS...MAUPIN...
PRINEVILLE...REDMOND
910 PM PDT FRI JUN 7 2002

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH ISOLATED RAIN OR SNOW SHOWERS WITH
ISOLATED EVENING THUNDERSTORMS...MAINLY NORTH OF MADRAS. SNOW LEVEL
NEAR 4000 FEET. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S TO UPPER 30S. BREEZY EVENING
WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH...DECREASING OVERNIGHT.
.SATURDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY AND COOL. A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
SNOW LEVEL 4000 FEET EARLY RISING TO 5000 FEET BY AFTERNOON. ISOLATED
AFTERNOON THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER TO MID 50S. NORTHWEST
WIND 10 TO 20 MPH.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
SNOW LEVEL NEAR 5000 FEET. LOWS 25 TO 35. NORTHWEST WIND 5 TO 15 MPH.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE
UPPER 50S TO LOWER 60S. NORTHWEST WIND 10 TO 20 MPH.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 25 TO 35.
.MONDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER TO MID 70S.
.TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY...DRY AND WARMER. LOWS IN THE MID 30S TO MID
40S. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S TUESDAY...WARMING TO THE UPPER 80S TO MID
90S BY WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.

.< TEMPERATURES
REDMOND 30 54 32 62
BEND 28 53 30 60

Doubt we'll see those temps around here till November. Are there catfish in Oregon?:)

Hmmm, the talk is we're all goin' to hell in a handbasket. Could it be that we are already there. We had 3 inche s of snow back about 2 weeks ago. Had fertilized the grass the night before after mowing. The wife wakes me up and says "What does it say on the back of the bag about snow" I think I'll make ski plans for August. :p

Global warming or global storming???

I was too busy/lazy to start a fire yesterday, but sure should have. Woke up to 55 degree temps in the house. Snow level here was also 4000 feet. It has been mighty wackiest weather here since Mar 1. Plant psychiatrists are working overtime trying to keep that poor kingdom from the funny farm....

7 fatalities from three different accidents on Mt Rainier and Mt Hood in last two weeks, plus a spectacular rescue helicopter crash.

Crystal Mountain is still open for summer skiing with a 7 foot base, Mt Hood with 12.

And the grand old Wye oak succumbs to a storm in Maryland....

Finally found the photo i was looking for:

Yes, it was a big snow year out here!!

The Chinook Pass crew had to really work to clear the up to 35 foot deep snow to get the pass open for Memorial Day weekend.

I remember one early year back in the 70's when the pass closed for the season about October 25 with a 24 inch dump.

Weather Woes

This has been a weird year here too-mild winter, three HOT days in April (90F) and then nothing but cool weather since. It is supposed to be 73F here this afternoon, so maybe things will finally start to grow.

We are having record droughts. Glenwood canyon is being burned right now as we speak. And its already 100 degrees in the Mile High City. People are really thinning trees out here cause of the feared fires. Farmers crops are already gone. And a bale of hay (alfalpha) for my horses is up to 12 bucks a bale. Produce is gonna be expensive too. Wish we had your guys H2O!! We just had a hail storm so I can stay here this summer so that is the only good news for me, bad news for the homeowners.

Hey Dennis, ya lil creep, I heard you were rockin out your saw in Valemount B.C., how did you make out? Did you dish the cuts again with your tobaggan filed, granite eating, sprocket throwing socalled chainsaw?
See you in Clearwater!
John

Latest posts

Back