This may be a stupid question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heath84

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I spoke with a local sawmill earlier today about buying 8ft oak logs that are between 8-10 inches in diameter. They told me the logs would be about $3.00+/- per log. Did I misunderstand what they were saying is that for the entire log or is that per foot? Like I said this could sound stupid to one of you experienced loggers. I hope I didnt misunderstand!!!

I spoke with a local sawmill earlier today about buying 8ft oak logs that are between 8-10 inches in diameter. They told me the logs would be about $3.00+/- per log. Did I misunderstand what they were saying is that for the entire log or is that per foot? Like I said this could sound stupid to one of you experienced loggers. I hope I didnt misunderstand!!!

my boss has a log mill right down the street from his camp. he told me that he can get his F-150 bed filled for about $20 from the mill for hardwoods. i would say you are very close on the log price...

Latest posts

Back