This site is like a disease.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunbagone

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I know its off topic but, since I have been on here I have not stopped thinking about all things wood. I have used numerous different saws from my relatives, bought a 346xp, tore into my Poulan Pro 330 and fixed it, started to practice carving, fixed my father in laws 371xp, perfected chain filing, bundling campfire wood. This morining it was too wet and muddy to go cut so I just drove around trying to find cheap firewood. Ended up with a dump trailer full, and truck bed full of scraps from a mill for $15. Now 4 days after I bought my new saw I am trying to decide what my next saw will be. I love my new saw, I dont need another right now, ......but I want one BAD...
Someone please help. I could be looking at P@RN right now, instead typing on a wood forum, drinking a beer, with my new husky hat on. ITS A SICKNESS. :chainsaw: :givebeer:

Last edited:
I know its off topic but, since I have been on here I have not stopped thinking about all things wood. I have used numerous different saws from my relatives, bought a 346xp, tore into my Poulan Pro 330 and fixed it, started to practice carving, fixed my father in laws 371xp, perfected chain filing, bundling campfire wood. This morining it was too wet and muddy to go cut so I just drove around trying to find cheap firewood. Ended up with a dump trailer full, and truck bed full of scraps from a mill for $15. Now 4 days after I bought my new saw I am trying to decide what my next saw will be. I love my new saw, I dont need another right now, ......but I want one BAD...
Someone please help. I could be looking at P@RN right now, instead typing on a wood forum, drinking a beer, with my new husky hat on. ITS A SICKNESS. :chainsaw: :givebeer:

Ditto, though I am more of an orange and white guy myself but I have been the same since finding this site....

Dittos

Took the words right out of my mouth!! Once I joined a few months ago, its the first thing I check in the morning, and the last thing I check at bedtime... This Forum is great fun!!!

I should have my OWB complete in next weekend, we are doing some inside plumbing tomorrow and then hooking up the thermostat. Then I guess my stove with be the first thing I check in the morning :)

Yep, first thing in the morning,then at noon and right before I hit the fart sack. I belong to a couple other sites, hot rod and work related places and they don't come close to the interest I've taken to here???? One thing I think I can be sure of,you are all hard working good people and all with something in common. BTU's BABY.

You're right Shaun, this site will get you. I'd like to tell you it levels off after a while , but it doesn't. It only gets worse. Much worse.

AS is the most expensive free site on the Internet.

Call some friends and family for help, and get out while you still can.

You're right Shaun, this site will get you. I'd like to tell you it levels off after a while , but it doesn't. It only gets worse. Much worse.

AS is the most expensive free site on the Internet.

Call some friends and family for help, and get out while you still can.

And tell the world about the rest of us....:cry:

I agree this site is very addicting. It is very informative with a pinch of good humor here and there. I come by here couple times a day to check on any new posts. When you are looking for a particular answer delving into the search function can lead to hours of reading.....alot of the information is not available anywhere else. This board has something alot of boards dont have. Experience! Nuff said

Some people spend countless hours and cash on a therapist, when what most need is some saw chips in there hair and the smell of two stroke in the air!!

I agree this is truly a fun site to visit, and one can actually learn something other than how to spend money on more toys.

Can you believe there are millions of people in the world who don't belong to the Arborist site who actually have to pay money for their entertainment.

Hugenpoet

I've got to agree!!

I'm in full agreement here... I've started building my OWB, collecting firewood, and tuning up my saw and splitter. I too am a member of several other forums. NONE of them have the same mix of GREAT information without the deep personal sniping and chest beating found here!! Any sniping done here is clearly done in good spirits and without malice. Unlike the other the other forums I look forward to posting the pics and progress of my OWB here and getting creative feedback.

Latest posts

Back