This site is unusable during the evening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombiechopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm checking out during the evening. Can't even get text only threads to load in a reasonable timeframe.

6000 ads up top don't make enough money for more bandwidth?

Painfully slow between about 7 to 9pm. My son did something to my computer to block the flashing ads at the top. It really helped load pages, but this site is well over due for an upgrade!!!

Painfully slow between about 7 to 9pm. My son did something to my computer to block the flashing ads at the top. It really helped load pages, but this site is well over due for an upgrade!!!

I agree, i would like to know that trick so i could do some blocking please. Thanks Steve

I'm checking out during the evening. Can't even get text only threads to load in a reasonable timeframe.

6000 ads up top don't make enough money for more bandwidth?

Well, the traffic will vary with the time of the day and week, but if it is a real issue, it most likely is your internet connection that is the true issue!

I feel it much more when on a dial-up at the cottage, than I do at home - and that is no surprice, as I am on a cell-phone dial-up at the cottage!

Well, the traffic will vary with the time of the day and week, but if it is a real issue, it most likely is your internet connection that is the true issue!

I feel it much more when on a dial-up at the cottage, than I do at home - and that is no surprice, as I am on a cell-phone dial-up at the cottage!

Troll, you are right, it is mostly individual Internet connections, I sometimes switch ISP's and the problem goes away. Most connections are overloaded during 7-9pm here.

I have noticed it being slow lately myself. I don't believe it is my internet, because I am not seeing issues with other sites. Only seems to be here. I can live with it though. Its not bad during the day when I am suppose to be working.

I agree, i would like to know that trick so i could do some blocking please. Thanks Steve

I don't know exactly how he did it, but he switched me over to Firefox as my browser and did some kind of ad-block. It really helped, some evenings I could not load a page at all, now it works, but still slow.

It is this site, as others work fine.

Slow hell !!! so slow i can time it with a tach to use on a stihl !!!.
must be a temporary problem,hopefully..
whentraffic dies and they notice something will be done.'
at least they could post a notice ??
" SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION " ..

it ain't the high speed line. The whole rest of the net loads as fast as I can click, including video on other websites.

Speeding up a little now :)

SawTroll
I had some trouble a while ago, but OK now - re-boothed the modem!

I use satellite internet. Re-booting the modem is a pain for me, but I might try it next time.

Unusable ? Remember dial-up ? LOL
Most other sites come up as fast as I can click, including videos. (Clean, wholesome, family-type videos...of course. :))
This one is definitely getting over-worked in the evening. Probably due to all the questions I post because I have another problem with a saw I have apart. :)

It is a real issue.

I look at the user numbers, and they are higher now during peak times than they were last year and earlier this year. That means AS is growing, which is a good thing. But more users/growth require more bandwidth, or things slow down.

No doubt someone is working on adding bandwidth or streamlining the site. Darn near 100 percent of any Web forum really goes on behind the scenes, or we wouldn't be here. :)

It is a real issue.

I look at the user numbers, and they are higher now during peak times than they were last year and earlier this year. That means AS is growing, which is a good thing. But more users/growth require more bandwidth, or things slow down.

No doubt someone is working on adding bandwidth or streamlining the site. Darn near 100 percent of any Web forum really goes on behind the scenes, or we wouldn't be here. :)

I think you're right. Like some of the other folks, I was able to get to other sites real speedy, whilst this one crawled along. That was an hour ago. Now this site is faster. Haven't ended the browsing session or re-booted anything. Just presumably fewer folks in the site.

Back