This Sucks!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the loss. I have a 300# steel bench in my garage. Just last fall I started running a 3/8" log chain through the handles of my saws and bracing on the bench. It might not stop them from trying, but with the dogs barking, it will give me enough time to draw a bead with the buck shot spitter.

Thanks guys, I believe it was someone who has been here before probably more than once. One character I dont think I trust too far, but I may be way off base. Although I will give the name to the sherrif. You see the saws are always kept up on that shelf which is to the right & above your head. Not the first thing someone sees when entering & not visible from outside the building thru any windows.
So it was almost for sure someone who knew where they were. I have $$$ of tools, my 4-wheeler & splitter & the first thing you see on the opposite wall is two bows & a crossbow. Nothing else was touched right down to the tools on the bench from the last project. I'm going to the sherrif's office tomorrow to return the police report since the deputy just left it here for me to fill out and never made it back to pick it up. I can't blame the deputy since we only have one on duty per shift, oops did I say that out loud. Oh well, it has been broadcast on the news for all of central ohio to know. Go figure why theres so many robberies in this area.

Sorry to hear your loss, I sincerly hope you get your dads saw back. I have 2 Choc. Labs that are MEAN as :censored: that run free in my shop. and I don,t let anybody make freinds with them. and I mean nobody. When customers are around I put them outback in their pen. I figured they are better than any alarm system. I do wish you the Best of Luck.

I'm confident you'll get em back, stay positive. In addition to what others have said, contact other cutters/ shops in the area to see if anyone is offering saws for sale. It also would not hurt to post a "chainsaw wanted" ad in a local paper, just get a pre paid cell to use as the number in case it was someone that knows You/your number.

Sorry about your loss:mad: Stuff like that just burns me to no end. My sisters boy friend bought a new splitter at TSC last winter. He had it out here and used it once maybe twice. Took it home over by Lima, had it chained up with a lock on it. Some lowlife cut the chain and made off with it.:mad:
No sentimental value to it, but just PO's just the same.
Good luck and hope ya get them back, especially your dads saw.

Gregg,

They will end up in a pawn shop close to home...

Had some guns stole a few years back. Believe it or not, the sheriff told me if I found them at a pawn shop I would have to buy them back!!! Couldn't believe it, but thats the law in MO. :censored:

If or I should say When they are caught, you should be allowed to use your dad's saw to remove thier fingures and reproductive organs if you wish.

Oh :censored: did I just say that out loud!

sucks big time ,im in NW pa. but ill try and keep an eye out at our local saw shops and our craigslist for these saws

New country song I heard today: we beleive in god and guns, if you want to meet both, show up uninvited!

Do you have serial numbers on any of the saws? Post them, and I think AS members will nail em to the wall.

That just flat SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

It's someone you know, who knows Saws and has an outlet for them, and wasn't alone.

Kids would have gone for other stuff first, same with dopers.

Post a wanted ad on craigslist under a phony name and use a fake location that is nearby, check the pawn shops a couple towns over and leave your name and number at each.
Same thing at the nearest Salvation army and resale shops.
Keep an eye on E-Bay as well.

Damn I hate thieves!
It should still be legal to hang 'em.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

New country song I heard today: we beleive in god and guns, if you want to meet both, show up uninvited!

Do you have serial numbers on any of the saws? Post them, and I think AS members will nail em to the wall.

I only have 3 serial numbers and they are in my signature. I am going to distribute pictures and numbers to all the saw shops and pawn shops. I also believe in God & Guns.

Sorry to hear your loss and good luck in getting them back.
Everyone should invest in a security system.

I use BBD, it's biological, always accurate with a few false alarms. Can sometimes differentiate between friend and foe.

Go with Big Black Dog, it's bite is worse than it's bark. Available at kennels and pounds everywhere.

Sorry to hear your loss and good luck in getting them back.
Everyone should invest in a security system.

I use BBD, it's biological, always accurate with a few false alarms. Can sometimes differentiate between friend and foe.

Go with Big Black Dog, it's bite is worse than it's bark. Available at kennels and pounds everywhere.

junkyard_dog.jpg

I know exactly how you feel. About a month ago I was hit at my shop. #######s came and cut every welding cable off four welders.Took all the extension cords and two heavy jumper cables. Dumb asses even took some hoses that just looked like cable,real smart guys.Had to be more than one cause a couple hundred feet of cable ain't lite. The screwed up thing is they had to have stood right over my three saws to get the cords? Like you I had tons of other valuable tools in plain sight,grinders,saws you name it.Across the room 20' was my bow,and a couple rifles?The state cop said these people were looking to make a fast buck and that the other items were to hard to get rid of now days.He also said that 90% of the time they would come back.If they do they get their picture taken this time and I'll look for them. Insurance will cover this but it really screws up things for a while and still lets a fella with a ####ty feeling.Sorry to be long winded on this. Hang in and I'm sure the saws will turn up eventually.Good Luck

I'm getting dressed right now and trudging through the snow to write down the serial #s of my saws. It's been on my "round to it" list for awhile but I always forget.

Are they covered on any house insurance? They should exceed the deductible easily. At least it should help replace them.

Ian

Back