This website is a bad influence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can write you a check if you promise not to cash it till after christmas

not this chrismas the next one

Right now I'm in the process of selling all my saws except for 3 or 4 which is what I did about 2 years ago. Kind tired of the whole CAD thing. The best part will be when I RELAPSE again!:hmm3grin2orange:

Right now I'm in the process of selling all my saws except for 3 or 4 which is what I did about 2 years ago. Kind tired of the whole CAD thing. The best part will be when I RELAPSE again!:hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe a little spring cleaning, in the winter. Sweet.

Funny thread here. Timely. Just come out from the barn to fetch an armload of firewood.

Saws are mostly in a holding pattern for a while. Got a big ole pile of rounds to split for 2012 for my firewooding chores. So they're mostly on the bench. Bench is acrosst from the bays where I've got some 5 cord of mixed hardwood that'll keep us warm til springfall.

Gotta sorta hate to admit it before the crew that hangs out here - but 90% of what I'm gonna burn this winter was cut with either the 2149 or the 210. Esp. the latter, it positively sips fuel and is more than adequate for most of what I cut - small deadstands, tops, deadfall, &c.

That said, my 550 is my insurance policy as a firewooder. There's always folks that have 30-40" sugar maples dropped and in need of removal. 210 aint gonna be useful in that scenario. That powerful ole Homie costed me 75 and has paid for itself in btu's. Even if I hadn't brought home a stick of wood with it, still nice to know it's in the arsenal.

Bottom line is assess your needs realistically and have a notion of what might come along. In the case of the latter, invest wisely, prudently, and don't needlessly overindulge.

Ummm Yeah!

I don't even heat with wood and look at what I've got in my sig. I've got a silvey swing arm in transit right now too. It's a never ending cycle.

Ditto - no wood fireplace, no trees to cut, lots of saws. Mostly the fault of this group. Hmmmmm.

Ditto - no wood fireplace, no trees to cut, lots of saws. Mostly the fault of this group. Hmmmmm.

I cut a maple down today with the 660. I limbing the whole tree except about 10 cuts with it. I used the 2171 for the first time other than a few cookies when hillbilly22 came over. I figured 2 90cc saws was too much.

Back