Thoughts on Husqvarna 345?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riflman01

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Picked up one of these this evening at my local Tractor Supply that someone had brought back for $126 out the door. Saw is in nice shape. Most of the paint is off the bar tho. Brought it home and put gas and oil in and it fired on the 4th pull. What do you guys think of this saw? Is it a Swedish Husky and is it in the professional grade area? Thanks for the help.

I do believe that one is made in Sweden (unlike the two smaller ones), has plastic cases and non-adjustable oiler. Its a homeowner saw, but it sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it. The small pro saws are the 339xp, 346xp, and the 353. These start around $400.

Nothing but a smaller 350, it will serve you well. Throw a 16" bar on it, do a muffler mod, and you will have a nice little 3hp saw.

Or sell it on eBay for $200 and make almost enough to fill you gas tank on your pickup once

For that price if you use it for what it is meant to do it should be a good saw, just don't ask to much of it. $126 I don't think you could go wrong, that is just about the price of a tank of gas.:cry: :bang:

They have another one of these that's not as nice as the one I got and a 142 Husky that I can get for $75. Might head back over there over the weekend and do some more dealing. I'm just going to use this saw to cut a little firewood and a few smaller trees here and there. The only other saws I had before this one are a 018C and 180C Stihl so I needed something a little bigger. Thanks for the responses.

I scored 2 340's for free once, I fixed them up and sold them both for 140 on ebay.

The jug is known to come loose and leak on the 340, 345, and 350. Hopefully you don't have that problem. Great saw though, decent power for what you intend to use it for!

I scored 2 340's for free once, I fixed them up and sold them both for 140 on ebay.

The jug is known to come loose and leak on the 340, 345, and 350. Hopefully you don't have that problem. Great saw though, decent power for what you intend to use it for!

The 345 is one of the most common saws around here, and have a very good reputation.

Picked up one of these this evening at my local Tractor Supply that someone had brought back for $126 out the door. Saw is in nice shape. Most of the paint is off the bar tho. Brought it home and put gas and oil in and it fired on the 4th pull. What do you guys think of this saw? Is it a Swedish Husky and is it in the professional grade area? Thanks for the help.

For that price it's excellent. 340 and up are made in Sweden, so your 345 is a Swedish made saw too. Husky bars seems to lose their paint really fast, so that does not mean it's been heavily used. It is however not considered a professional grade saw, but one of the best consumer grade saws. It's a kid brother to the 350, it just doesn't get as much airtime.

You will most certainly be happy with it, there's nothing even close to that one being sold new for the same money you paid.

Are the new line 445/450 made in Sweden still? Or are they made by Poolan? I know the 455 is still swedish made as the ones at my BLowe's are.

As far as i know, the 1xx- and current (new) 2xx- series are assembled in the USA Poulan factory with parts that in some cases might be of Swedish origin - these are the ones sometimes referred to as "orange Poulans".

All other Husqvarnas are manufactured in Sweden and are referred to as "Swedish saws."

On top of this some older models, that are considered as "discontinued" in f.e. Sweden and USA, are still being manufactured in Brazil (and maybe even in other places, Husqvarna seems to run a lot of plants...). Funny enough they are not referred to as "Brazilian saws", but as just "otherwise discontinued" as you're not supposed to be able to buy them in Sweden or USA...

:dizzy:

On top of this some older models, that are considered as "discontinued" in f.e. Sweden and USA, are still being manufactured in Brazil (and maybe even in other places, Husqvarna seems to run a lot of plants...). Funny enough they are not referred to as "Brazilian saws", but as just "otherwise discontinued" as you're not supposed to be able to buy them in Sweden or USA...

:dizzy:

Just be aware that the Brazil made versions some times are slightly detuned in power (262xp), or more (272xp)...

Like the first 345 enough that I went back to TSC and bought the other one for $105 out the door. Didn't really need another one, but for that price I just couldn't leave it there.

Nothing but a smaller 350, it will serve you well. Throw a 16" bar on it, do a muffler mod, and you will have a nice little 3hp saw.

Or sell it on eBay for $200 and make almost enough to fill you gas tank on your pickup once

I would surely take it over a MS250, but that's about it.....

Like the first 345 enough that I went back to TSC and bought the other one for $105 out the door. Didn't really need another one, but for that price I just couldn't leave it there.

I was going to suggest that.... leave the 142 if you can pick up the 345. I'd like to have have one, sounds like a good little firewood saw.

Latest posts

Back